Sutton Coldfield Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Town Updates

Post by Wheels » 20 Aug 2013, 23:41

Shame about the result but nevertheless a spirited display full of battling quality which shows promise! Onwards and upwards.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 21 Aug 2013, 09:35

Thought it was a hard working performance against a good solid team who will be contenders at the end of the season. Only a failure to take chances and an awful mistake by Kelly meant a loss rather than a good win. Missed friendlies so my first view and pleased with some of our new players and overall what we tried to do. Just disappointed by the constant barracking of the officials by some of the crowd and nonsense in what was just the 1st home game of the season.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 21 Aug 2013, 13:32

i could sum it up by saying we will play a lot worse than that this season and get 3 points

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Aug 2013, 13:52

Thought we played decent enough, certainly worthy of a point, if not more.

Sutton only looked a real threat in the early stages, other than that they didn't look like scoring.

Thought we played the long ball a little too much. I attended the Causeway friendly a few weeks back, and in the second half of that game I thought Halesowen played some great stuff, passed really well on the ground, I would have loved to have seen a bit more of that.

All in all, unlucky to come away with nothing. Don't know what other people think (admittedly only seeing him play once in the aforementioned friendly) but personally I thought we missed Kyle Brady up front. From what I've seen he looks a good foil for Ben and will cause defences a lot of problems.

Officials were shocking, expanding on the post above...the incident where the ref gave a foul but awarded the free-kick a good 6 or so yards further back than where the foul took place, you could see the divots on the edge of the box where the players studs obviously stuck in the ground as a consequence of the foul. God knows what made the ref spot the ball that far away from the incident!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 21 Aug 2013, 15:29

Steve Glass wrote:Thought it was a hard working performance against a good solid team who will be contenders at the end of the season. Only a failure to take chances and an awful mistake by Kelly meant a loss rather than a good win. Missed friendlies so my first view and pleased with some of our new players and overall what we tried to do. Just disappointed by the constant barracking of the officials by some of the crowd and nonsense in what was just the 1st home game of the season.
the players were all gutted last night, but brendan and ben blamed themselves more than any supporter did. (shows the difference in attitude, previously, with officials that bad we would have had players sent off for dissent and/or retaliation, and those players wouldnt have given a thought about that being a contribution to the reason we lost the match!) and theres always been banter with the officials, but last night the `language` was a bit blue, to say the least...remember there`s children in ear-shot! (think the ref was one, but that could be more to do with my age?!)

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 22 Aug 2013, 14:09

For what ever reason the manager decided to keep the players on the pitch as seems to be the way early season (good weather). I think if the players had come of they would have been greeted by a round of applause.

I know Brenadan was named in the report as his mistake leading to the goal but Iets remember the ones he has saved off the line before so we should not hold it agaisnt him.

Ben (because of last season) will always be surrounded by defenders and for what ever reason the others didn't seem to make the most of it on Tuesday. Brady when he comes back from what I saw pre-season should make more of it maybe even drawing defenders to give Ben more space.

A good crowd, officals poor and agree perhaps because of expectation and how poor two of the three officails were may have led to more verbal aimed at them than normal.

Understand the point about the language perhaps we need to be mindful of the youngsters. Better they pick up swear words from school rather than the Grove.

Lets ALL kick on from here.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 23 Aug 2013, 10:27

Swearing is a problem. I agree, kids shouldn't hear it. But let's not forget this is a football match? Some people go down and see it as a bit of fun, while others take watching the Yeltz seriously and get passionate etc.

Is there not a family stand where maybe parents who take children should be pointed towards?

Think you need to be careful, it's a fine line, go ott towards those who swear and push them away, or do nothing about swearing and push families away. I see both sides of it.