Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Brigg

Post by Johnny Bud » 30 Mar 2013, 16:55

Attendance: 240

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 30 Mar 2013, 17:46

Well done lads! Great game today (apart from the first half) and a good cut in from JMG for the goal. Great atmosphere too (even though I was the only one singing out of my 5 mates- they too quiet ;) ). I will never know how Arshad did not get that penalty, he was definetly brought down no question. One the topic of Arshad don't know why he didnt start- whilst Mr. Hill put Warmer on instead. Glad to be back in winning ways! ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Mar 2013, 10:17

beastyyeltz wrote: I will never know how Arshad did not get that penalty, he was definetly brought down no question. ;D
Perhaps he should have worn one of these, then he'd be a proper diver - and just as clumsy!
Diver.jpg

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Mar 2013, 11:19

What a come back. For those not there.

We bossed the first 20 minutes or so, Ben had a one on one which keeper saved, we had a couple of corners that went straight across the goal line needing just a touch.

Unfortunately the ref was not seeing a lot of what went on from a blue perspective.
Warmer was barged into the boards and snow and it was said he suffered concussion which is why he was subbed.
Brigg number 9 (the size of Frank Bruno) is tackled and screams like a baby and the ref buys it.
Arshad had a definite penalty shout in the second half but the ref was running out of steam and stayed mainly in the centre circle as the game was going end to end.

Fair play to the Yeltz who battled on and with the equaliser from a delighted Hull and shear brilliance from Jean M Guyes, (I take it back he was not holding onto the ball too long) who curved the ball past several defenders and keeper to get us the winner.

Evans in goal did a superb job and pulled off several first class saves in the second half.

For once (based on second half) there were a few contenders for man of the match.

When the ref came off I offered him my glasses and he changed course and came over to take them from me.
Unfortunately for his next victims (teams) I needed to keep them so I can see all his mistakes.
(Note to self buy cheap pair from poundland for next time)

Well done to all the Yeltz. Players, management, coaching staff, fans who turned up, those who cleared the pitch an terraces and the refreshment ladies. What other club would you see the owner giving a helping hand at halftime with refreshments well done Steve?

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 31 Mar 2013, 11:50

good to see up back to winning ways but disagree about Arshad. He was lazy, didn't jump for an easy ball and his dive for the penalty was pathetic. Had a very off day. Also love seeing JMG always proving me wrong (player with 'potential' for me but i said if would score). Lads looked a little off the pace due to lack of matches but i thought that was to be expected. Well done Yeltz and well done to crooky junior for getting the shed end singing again second half. Altho it's obvious think now it's we best concentrate on getting 3 points every game rather than looking at other results and the table
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Mar 2013, 13:02

Not sure what formation we were playing until Tom went off, i don't think the team did either. Once we reverted to 4-4-2 we looked a lot better. Showed good endeavour to fight back, as after 3 defeats i thought heads might drop. A row of straight sixes for Naveeds dive, and on that subject i think Ben needs a far better partner up front than we now have on offer. Nice winner from JMG and we all went home happy easter bunnies.