Kidsgrove Athletic Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kidsgrove Athletic Updates

Post by beastyyeltz » 12 Mar 2013, 21:59

swipey wrote:3 lost on the bounce now but I'm not being negative - all losses have been justified in their own way - Belper were the better team, Northwich were used to playing on such an abysmal pitch and the ref had a shocker, seems like the ref tonight could have had a better game and Halesowen couldn't put away their chances.

Chin up lads, the play-offs are still very, very doable - we may have needed a loss or two to bring us back down to earth - just hope the morale of the players is still good

UP THE YELTZ
With that I'm looking forward to the Carlton game because we need to stop this run very quickly and that would surely be the chance(I'm saying this because i'm not expecting anything against Coalville). As to the playoffs, its unlikely but Man.U gave away their title lead last season so Belper could easily do the same, as long as we are hot on their tales! DON'T GIVE UP

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 12 Mar 2013, 22:02

Bad loss this. Especialy with Coalville away next. Does anyone know whats happened to Kelly,Corbett, and Arshad?. I was still confidant of the playoffs after sats result. But i must admit i thought we'd win tonight.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 12 Mar 2013, 22:32

Such a shame because Sutton lost tonight and those are the ones we could have caught!

Coalville away on Sat not an easy game.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Mar 2013, 14:34

Does anyone know whats happened to Kelly,Corbett, and Arshad?.
I assume Kelly was suspended after his red card against Belper and Arshad was limping whilst in attendance at the same game. As for Corbett, wonder if it had anything to do with the altercation before he was subbed at Northwich?

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 13 Mar 2013, 15:14

juanillo wrote:
Does anyone know whats happened to Kelly,Corbett, and Arshad?.
I assume Kelly was suspended after his red card against Belper and Arshad was limping whilst in attendance at the same game. As for Corbett, wonder if it had anything to do with the altercation before he was subbed at Northwich?
Cheers pal. I thought Kellys ban came into effect against Charlton 4 some reason. Maybe thats when it ends.

changesnightspot
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by changesnightspot » 13 Mar 2013, 15:39

Business as usual I see ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Mar 2013, 16:09

changesnightspot wrote:Business as usual I see ;D
???
From your good (?) self also. Why am I, and others, not surprised?

PS How about a DVD of "our business as usual?" Whoops, you have to go to games to do that, don't you?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 13 Mar 2013, 16:22

Just to clear things up,

Kelly - Was on the bench last night, I assume to give Parker a chance before throwing him in the deep end at Coalville.

Arshad - Injury that he picked up a few weeks back.

Corbett - I'm lead to believe he has left the club. He has only scored 9 in 26 appearances. May seem good on the face of it but just 5 from open play... the rest from penalties. Arshad has a better goals to games ratio. I'm sure John Hill will have a suitable person in replacement lined up ready.

So in response to the 'Business as Usual' Comment - Yes it is.... We will all stick together like we normally do and help drive this club forwards back to where it belongs. Its still going to be a long process and will be much easier if 100% of fans were behind everyone. ;D

In my opinion John Hill is a very long term appointment as he was at Tipton, over the 10 seasons he was there he gradually improved them year on year as they climbed the table and had some good cup runs in the process.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 13 Mar 2013, 17:45

Bit gutted about Corbs (his Dad was sound as well) but the stats speak for themselves - whoever puts on the jersey I'll always cheer 'em on.

No point dwelling on the last 3 games - we can beat anyone on our day and Coalville isn't necessarily a loss; this is where JH & Trev must do their work and get the team bouncing back - I don't think there'd be any grumbles if we play well and lose, and a point would be a bonus. As for a win... stranger things have happened, let's get behind the team and cheer 'em on because not only do Halesowen Town Football Club deserve it, the fans do an' all :)
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 13 Mar 2013, 18:22

3 losses on the bounce sounds bad, but in honesty there is a different story behind each one.
The Belper game was wholly influenced by the ref, and we still played the better football with 10 men, so we have to count that as bad luck.
Last night we gave a soft goal away early on, but then dominated the game but managed to miss 3 golden chances, plus we should have played the last 20 minutes against 10 men, but the ref and linesman both observed a mirage and saw defenders behind the keeper when he hauled Ben down !!!
The only game that showed a weakness was Northwich, where we couldn't adapt at all to the ploughed field, and continued to try and play football which was always going to be impossible.

After the first 10 games if anybody had said we would be battling to get into the play offs then I for one would have been happy. :)