JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper updates

Post by JohnC » 05 Mar 2013, 21:54

Johnny Bud wrote:Penalty to us!

Ben missed it!!
Keeper saved it.

Well done to the 10 on the pitch.
A fan has video evidence to say that Brendon had turned away and should not have been sent off.

The ball would just not bounce, bobble fall in our favour tonight.

Keep yer Chins up we can still do it!

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 05 Mar 2013, 21:56

yeltz85 wrote:Full Time 1-3
whaddayamean, 1-3????

I clicked refresh three times. Corbett scored 4 penalties.

4 - 3 to us by my reckoning. What's going on????

Hinckster
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Hinckster » 05 Mar 2013, 21:59

JohnC wrote: A fan has video evidence to say that Brendon had turned away and should not have been sent off.
That could work...

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 05 Mar 2013, 22:48

Well, shame I couldn't be there and it sounds like we were unlucky. It lets Belper put a bit of a gap between us but I ain't giving up til the final whistle goes on Saturday 27th April. If we don't make it to the playoffs this season then I strongly believe we can do it in 2013/14. John Hill has finally got a hold on this club which was missing in October, but if he had been with us from the start we would have got into a great position, which I believe we will be in next season. Besides, I'm not going to be too gutted if we don't make it because I enjoy this league, whereas in the NPL we would lose quite a few games- which isn't enjoyable. Anyway- IT AIN'T OVER TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS ;D ;D ;D

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 05 Mar 2013, 22:49

John C- I do apologise! I was trying to watch the game and do updates! It was quicker for me to type he missed rather than the goalie saved it!

I will leave Saturday's updates up to you incase I make any basic mistakes again ;) ;)

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 05 Mar 2013, 22:53

When I first saw the 'handball' from the other end of pitch I though the ref had it right, but having seen the video I'm not convinced. Brendan was turning away but I couldn't make out the position of the arms. What I would say is that the ref produced the card very quickly and didn't really give himself time to consider this, in my opinion.

I would also say that Belper played to their strengths, including the physical side of the game as they did at their place, and a stronger ref may have also had one or two of them off the pitch (why the bloke wasn't sent off when our first penalty was awarded I don't know)

Performance wise, if we continue to show the same skill and passion as we did today, and indeed in the last few games, then the playoffs are still open.

Heads up Yeltz, proud of you tonight! Still everything to play for !

jhazz99
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jhazz99 » 05 Mar 2013, 23:01

referee bottled all of the big decision, can't comment on the first handball as i couldnt see it but why our first penalty is not a red card for their defender is a mystery. He gave all the easy stuff in the middle of the pitch and not the clear bookings they should have had.

On the positive, in the second half you would have thought belper had the 10 men we were effectively all over them and with a 'fair' game would have been a good game and we might have just nicked it.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 06 Mar 2013, 08:40

To quote Dermott Gallagher, on Sky News this morning: " Whether it be a game at the top level, or a game in the local park, if a referee has to make a decision that will change the game he has to be 100% certain."
I'm afraid that last night the referee fell short of the mark.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 06 Mar 2013, 09:12

Wheres this video? Cant see it anywhere?

Totally agree with that quote Lutley.

I thought we battled well despite going down to 10-men against a very physical side where their option was to just boot it if a player came within 3 yards of them.

The reception the fans gave the players when they came off the pitch was great which can hopefully spur them on Saturday. Decent crowd too for a Tuesday night, I hope the folks that came tonight will show the fighting spirit of the team and keep coming back between now and the end of the season.

Three away games now in the space of 7 days. Heads must be switched on and focused.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 06 Mar 2013, 11:53

A game ruined by the Ref, the penalty/sending off is very debatable but he also allowed Belpers use of the arms and constant fouls to go largely unpunished until late on, had the Ref stamped on it and been consistant from the start, the outcome could have been very different.

Very proud of the team for the way they stuck at it and battled, typified by Ben who once again gave 110% and never stopped running or gave up on even the slightest chance of getting the ball.
Pleased that the supporters stayed and gave the team the reception they deserved, its good to have an atmosphere building around the Grove again, we probably need to create earlier in the game though!