Hitchin Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hitchin Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Sep 2024, 08:17

Penn must now step up to the plate, admit that his tactics and squad selection fall well short of what we expect and get on with rectifying the problems that are of his making.
To him, and the players, I suggest that they prove to us over the next two home games that they are worthy of representing HTFC.
Apart from losing a game of football that display, along with other dismal performances, will cost the club financially with the resultant slump in attendances.
We deserve better!

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 22 Sep 2024, 09:57

We are 6th, 5 points off 1st with a game in hand!!!! and the bovril was spot on.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 22 Sep 2024, 10:11

Yeltzbaby wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 09:57
We are 6th, 5 points off 1st with a game in hand!!!! and the bovril was spot on.
No idea what table you are looking at, but we've played a game more than most teams because we lost in the FA Cup

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Sep 2024, 10:15

Yeltzbaby wrote:
I suggest that you stop inhaling that dodgy stuff that you are smoking!

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 22 Sep 2024, 10:25

We have also in 5 home games scored just 5 goals whilst conceding 10, which is more the form of a team at bottom end of table rather than the top

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Sep 2024, 11:04

I've got a feeling it might be a strange league this year. I know it's only a few games in but the top few have barely got positive goal differences, poorer than mid table sides. We need to get our act together and make sure we are competing, in a league where there may not be any sides running away with it. We've got decent players, and with the addition of a competent striker or two and a reversal back to playing the ball on the deck all is not lost. We need to do it NOW though as folks will not come through the turnstiles to watch the dross that was served up yesterday.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 22 Sep 2024, 11:30

For me, the squad is just too thin. I can’t believe the budget has been cut; I suspect we’ve just spunked it on too few players (some crazy figures being bandied about yesterday).

Russ Penn is *clearly* not clueless as some seem to be insinuating, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t/ isn’t making mistakes with players who know they will be starting phoning it in.

But then I think about Boothe (not a fan of the way the Shed responded to him yesterday BTW, even if he is useless) and well, I just don’t know what to say…

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 22 Sep 2024, 11:36

I cannot seem to find Penns aftermatch interview, and Fairweather fan, I think that Penn is clueless and with his tactics and refusal to sign better players especially strikers, I cannot see him turning it round.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 22 Sep 2024, 12:30

Yeltzbaby wrote:
Did you put some pepper in it? Great stuff.

TractionJackson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by TractionJackson » 22 Sep 2024, 12:39

fairweatherfan wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 11:30
For me, the squad is just too thin. I can’t believe the budget has been cut; I suspect we’ve just spunked it on too few players (some crazy figures being bandied about yesterday).

Russ Penn is *clearly* not clueless as some seem to be insinuating, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t/ isn’t making mistakes with players who know they will be starting phoning it in.

But then I think about Boothe (not a fan of the way the Shed responded to him yesterday BTW, even if he is useless) and well, I just don’t know what to say…
Shed does have a tendency to go too far sometimes but that's the nature of the beast. When you're getting whooped by the worst team in the league then all bets are off in terms of the crowd reactions/chants. If anything it was the liveliest I've seen it in there all season so far.

Is the Lusiama walkout confirmed? Also was the Nat Kelly substitution definitely injury related?