Ramsbottom Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Home

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 23:43

yeltz85 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:Do the 23 other managers at this level not work hard and sit on their arse?

Lot of time for John but let's not pretend he's the only manager who works hard at this level.
Don't think you understood my post. 'With our budget getting the league positions we do.'
So you're suggesting we have a low budget for this league?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 21 Nov 2015, 23:46

yeltz85 wrote:Ramsbottom have changed half their squad since the new manager back in October. A few from Oldham on loan this week.

They have also in the last three games drawn to Ashton twice in the FA Trophy, a team in the top six.

Shelton Payne is also regarded as one of the quickest strikers at our level. Been in and out the game this season.

We did well second half, Hales Man of the Match for me. Yes we may struggle without the two on loan from Kiddy... But we are a football club, arnt we allowed to have players on loan? Other clubs take advantage.

I'm also keen to hear more about these 5 or 6 who think they run the club? Assume you are on about volunteers. Remember, owners come and go. Fans are there forever.

One thing I will say about John Hill, I doubt we would get a harder working manager at our level. With our budget and get the league positions we do. I speak to him regularly, he always has Halesowen in his mind and wants to do the best for the club. So be careful what you wish for.
OK, run the club is pushing it too far. But feel they have more influence than others wouldn't be pushing it that much. There were a couple of posts last week that suggested this to be the case.

For me the whole thing is too cosy between the fans and the team. The drinking in the bar together etc afterwards for example means naturally that those who do won't want to upset anybody and will therefore be less inclined to be critical. Those that don't will less likely hold back. I've thought this for a long time. Obviously it's important to people that this happens but I do think it definitely nfluences peoples views on things

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 21 Nov 2015, 23:49

yeltz85 wrote:
We did well second half, Hales Man of the Match for me. Yes we may struggle without the two on loan from Kiddy... But we are a football club, arnt we allowed to have players on loan? Other clubs take advantage.
I agree about Hales. I didn't say we shouldn't have loan players. I was simply pointing out that they appear to be a cut above the rest.
You've only got to see how well Coventry are doing to see how a team can benefit from the loan system and other managers' favours.

Regarding the attendance, were there 80 more or so there today than last week?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 21 Nov 2015, 23:51

Respect your point Matt.

But you ask Stokesy, Slater or anyone that has been involved with the football club for years. Fans and players have always mingled together.

Go to any non league club and you will find exactly the same.

It's a reason why people like non league so much. Just like at the pampered players in the higher leagues. Not for me thanks.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 23:58

What's the crack with Reffell and Hales?

We've extended their loans twice now ( I think) is there much chance of a season long loan, what about signing permanently?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 00:48

6 pages in - Did we lose today? Have we not won in weeks?

No, we're unbeaten in 6 league games, 7th in the table and won a game today against a team with nothing to lose who're fighting for their lives with a new manager to impress and players playing for them on loan from teams in higher divisions.

Was it great on the eye? - No, it certainly wasn't first half in particular I thought we were poor. However we created more chances in the second half and finished the game the stronger team. Their equaliser might have given them momentum and our heads might have dropped but they didn't. Have to give our boys credit for that. I was a little surprised JH took off Daniels but thought Waite gave us that little bit more physical presence later in the game.

As for the comments about 'people thinking they are running the club' - I'm assuming this was directed at me as I'm a John Hill fan, and help at the club. If it is Yeltz27 I'll give you my thoughts. Let me state this very clearly. My opinions on the club are worth no more or less than any other supporter at the club. Yes I do speak with people involved with the club and yes I do give my ideas, suggestions and opinions. I always try to be constructive and thoughtful in my opinions and appreciate and understand that people may or may not agree with me. It doesn't mean I am always right either. I don't agree with everything that the owner does, nor John Hill and his management team. However, I've never run a football club and never managed a non league football team. Quite clearly you don't like John Hill, that is fine, that is your opinion, if he left tomorrow we may well bring in someone who could help us move forwards as a club and you'll be proved right. However, you've heard that he is going nowhere so why not support that decision and back him? I hope you do take up his very kind offer to go and speak with him when you're available - I honestly think it'll make a big difference to how you judge non-league football if not John himself.

In addition, for those who have been involved with the club for many a year must have had a very large smile on your face reading the excellent programme piece by cripcrap today.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Nov 2015, 06:50

On a much more important note I predicted 2.1 so got ten points on Fantasy Island! Boom.

I fully believe that John and the team knew of my prediciton so yesterday's performance was carefully planned to ensure I got 10 points. So overall, the tactics and performance worked beautifully! Well done to the boys!

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Nov 2015, 09:14

I have absolutely no idea why people seem to think me meeting the manager would be such a great thing. My fundamental point is that to my eyes, we are one of the better supported and dare I say "bigger" clubs at this level. We pay £10 to go in and I therefore expect some entertainment. That's all. You disagree, and thats fine, but as i said, is this a forum for opinion or not? I don't want to hear about pitches, budgets, excuses etc. We keep hearing about budgets, so and so have a bigger budget. Well how on earth do you actually know what their budgets are? Reading on here you would think we have the lowest budget in non league football. Its never, they have a smaller budget than us. Last season and at times this season, the football has barely been watchable. I don't want promotion, I was happy as we were before and haven't had a problem for 20 years. I just want to go on a Saturday afternoon and enjoy what I'm watching. I love the company of the people I go with but other than that it's hard at the moment to say I enjoyed watching the football. I don't mind the long ball if it's a diagonal to a pacey winger for example. But ours is just hit and hope. From what i have seen for the last 2 years we have been pretty much the slowest team in the league. Every other team has somebody, if not a few, with pace. And i mean genuine pace before anybody says we have pace. No doubt i will be told about the budget again, but to me, for it to have gone on that long suggests it is something more than that. The manager can say what he wants as you all can, but unless the product improves I see no reason why I should, or what makes you think I'd change my mind. And bearing in mind I've been going for 20 years, I know perfectly well non league football isn't top level and have never expected it to be. That's not what I'm asking for

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 22 Nov 2015, 10:07

Yeltz27 wrote:I have absolutely no idea why people seem to think me meeting the manager would be such a great thing.
So that you don't have to write long, whiny posts asking questions about the goings on at the club, when you could go and find out for yourself.

Your opinions, which of course we all respect and value, are somewhat undermined from now on, as you were challenged to put some understanding behind them by people at the club and you have seemingly declined?

(And, yes, I will keep bringing this up.)

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Nov 2015, 10:25

Piearce, where have I actually said I have declined? Did you read where I've been this week? Just because I might not think it will change that much doesn't mean I won't go