Ramsbottom Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Home

Post by spongeyeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 21:32

Yeltz27 wrote:I've been to 5 or 6 as that's all I have been here for. I wouldn't have posted tonight but Raiden made some good points. I did 20 odd games last season and the season before and a lot of my views are based on those games too
And yet you claim to speak for yourself. I found it strange to post negatively after a good win that you did not attend (no blame, i accept you have work commitments) take the first few games aside, i really think we've improved football wise and we're playing a lot more on the deck compared to last season. The reason I'm behind JH is, after watching us away at Sutton i really thought we were going to be in trouble, yet given limited time and resources we're now sitting precariously in 7 th position (i know teams have games in hand, but those games have to be won). I think we certainly won't be troubling the relegation zone

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 21:36

spongeyeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:I've been to 5 or 6 as that's all I have been here for. I wouldn't have posted tonight but Raiden made some good points. I did 20 odd games last season and the season before and a lot of my views are based on those games too
And yet you claim to speak for yourself. I found it strange to post negatively after a good win that you did not attend (no blame, i accept you have work commitments) take the first few games aside, i really think we've improved football wise and we're playing a lot more on the deck compared to last season. The reason I'm behind JH is, after watching us away at Sutton i really thought we were going to be in trouble, yet given limited time and resources we're now sitting precariously in 7 th position (i know teams have games in hand, but those games have to be won). I think we certainly won't be troubling the relegation zone
I agree with your second part of this post, we've improved since Sutton, football wise.

But was today a 'good win'? Let's face facts here. We just about beat rock bottom. A side who will no doubt be relegated this season. This was a must win; we barley managed that.

Just reading John Hill's tweets, thankfully he recognises we weren't at it today. It was, if I'm brutally honest, poor first half with a little improvement second half, with our better quality in a Hales free kick, making the difference.

I'll happily take three points. But let's not go over board. It was a standard three points. Three points should be minimum against such opposition.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 21:41

RaidenYeltz wrote:
spongeyeltz wrote:
I agree with your second part of this post, we've improved since Sutton, football wise.

But was today a 'good win'? Let's face facts here. We just about beat rock bottom. A side who will no doubt be relegated this season. This was a must win; we barley managed that.

I'll happily take three points. But let's not go over board. It was a standard three points. Three points should be minimum against such opposition.
Did you actually watch the second half? And are you aware Ramsbottom have new management and players including on loan Oldham players.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 21:49

They are rock bottom. I've just said we improved second half. A little. Again, how much did we test the opposition keeper?

I'm not sure what this magical Rammy team are! Recent results and league position suggest they're poor. They beat Rushall last match but lost to Buxton (2-1) and Hyde (5-0) previously.

Let's be honest they're the whipping boys this season (as they were last season last year, to an extent) and will likely go down, this season.

I thought they looked poor, today. We made them look better than they actually are, IMO.

Glad we won, but let's consider the opposition before we start suggesting today was the perfect win. Wins against such sides, at home, should be mandotory.

John Hill, via Twitter, suggests we were bellow par, today.

A win is a win. Let's move on.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Nov 2015, 23:00

Three dead ball situations, three highlights.
This does not a great game make.
Mr walrus summed up the crowds apathy. Its hardly surprising though.
A wins a win, but against the bottom side, and yet another who outfootballed us on our pitch/park/somme battlefield, it was less than impressive.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 21 Nov 2015, 23:08

Like a few games this season, the second half was much better than the first. In the last 15 minutes we could have won by more, but before that we didn't impose ourselves.

I agree that without Hales and Refell we would probably be struggling. All the good moves nearly always involved or originated from them.

Rammy were better than I thought they'd be, maybe due to the loan players, although looking at them, apart from no 10, if you told me most were still at school or college I wouldn't have been surprised.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 21 Nov 2015, 23:28

Ramsbottom have changed half their squad since the new manager back in October. A few from Oldham on loan this week.

They have also in the last three games drawn to Ashton twice in the FA Trophy, a team in the top six.

Shelton Payne is also regarded as one of the quickest strikers at our level. Been in and out the game this season.

We did well second half, Hales Man of the Match for me. Yes we may struggle without the two on loan from Kiddy... But we are a football club, arnt we allowed to have players on loan? Other clubs take advantage.

I'm also keen to hear more about these 5 or 6 who think they run the club? Assume you are on about volunteers. Remember, owners come and go. Fans are there forever.

One thing I will say about John Hill, I doubt we would get a harder working manager at our level. With our budget and get the league positions we do. I speak to him regularly, he always has Halesowen in his mind and wants to do the best for the club. So be careful what you wish for.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Nov 2015, 23:31

Do the 23 other managers at this level not work hard and sit on their arse?

Lot of time for John but let's not pretend he's the only manager who works hard at this level.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 21 Nov 2015, 23:34

I would also like to add that we are unbeaten in the last six league games.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 21 Nov 2015, 23:39

RaidenYeltz wrote:Do the 23 other managers at this level not work hard and sit on their arse?

Lot of time for John but let's not pretend he's the only manager who works hard at this level.
Don't think you understood my post. 'With our budget getting the league positions we do.'