Trafford updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Trafford updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Mar 2015, 18:42

andy wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Brilliant response to last weeks moaners.
Brilliant doesn't even start to describe it. Who knows, if we keep it up we may overturn the bottom team on Tuesday and register our first win in eleven. I can hardly contain myself......
Speaking of Belper, they've been relegated today. While we sit in mid table. Unbeaten in three.

Perspective, eh.

BeautifulMelYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BeautifulMelYeltz » 28 Mar 2015, 18:47

A good game today, many chances go begging, could should have been three or four at half time.
Trafford gaining in confidence, Ben10 levels for the Yeltz, felt Tonks worked really hard today
as did Asa Charlton marshalling the back line. Kris Green working hard as always as did Aaron Griffiths, Dave Messe looks a good player, not out of place at this higher level but early days.
Apparently was advised by John Hill to hold his position in a more midfield role in the first half.
Didn't look out of place, pushing forward in the second but the winner just would not come. :D :D

We push onto Belper Town away, the win will come soon and the corner will be turned, come on you Mighty
Yeltz lets get behind the lads yet again, very good crowd to day, well done to all Yeltz Men and Women. :D

New lad Ashley Granville apparently from Bartley Green or Willenhall Town l'm told, could be wrong!!.
Last edited by BeautifulMelYeltz on 28 Mar 2015, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Mar 2015, 18:49

Wheels wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:I too thought new starting bloke was class. If I'm allowed to be so positive! ;)
I also thought Granville looked quite impressive who is he any one know?
I was talking about Messey! :P

Thought the other new bloke looked dangerous too. But Messey had a good game.

Anyone know what was wrong with Brags today?

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 28 Mar 2015, 19:02

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Wheels wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:I too thought new starting bloke was class. If I'm allowed to be so positive! ;)
I also thought Granville looked quite impressive who is he any one know?
I was talking about Messey! :P

Thought the other new bloke looked dangerous too. But Messey had a good game.

Anyone know what was wrong with Brags today?
I also thought Meese had a good game and fitted in well :P

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 28 Mar 2015, 19:04

Now now people, play nicely....

How on earth we did not win that is beyond me. Chance after chance wasted, we should have been at least 4 or 5 up by half time but due to poor finishing from Christie and a couple of chances by Daniels that he should have done better with.

They should have been down to 10 men and we should have had a penalty due to what I thought was a shocking tackle on Daniels. Ok, so the player got the ball but also went right through him and injured the player. Even at the end of the game he was hobbling around in the James Grove Lounge afterwards.

Inevitably though the old cliché 'if you don't take your chances you get punished' and so was the case as they scored just before half time.

Second half we peppered the goal even more and their keeper pulled off some terrific saves to keep them in the game. At least we finally got a goal which was no more than we deserved from Haseley and even had chances to win towards the end with the two new blokes Meese and Granville going close.

Overall, it wasn't the best performance I agree, but after some of the rubbish I've seen at Villa Park earlier in the season believe me it wasn't that bad! Definitely two points dropped today though but once again the efforts of the lads cannot be faulted. Desperately need a win though!

Agree with Rob, nice to see the young mob of fans getting involved with the singing however instead of singing about Stourbr*dge why not sing positively for Halesowen? Also, it would have been nice to have all song as one in the Shed rather than 'competing' against the regular singers.

Another positive to take was a decent attendance today as well of 477.

So next home game - it's the big one! The 'ding dong' No.9 derby! Cannot wait for it! Until then...Up The Yeltz!!

ericc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ericc » 28 Mar 2015, 19:04

Hi all yeltz fans. I have watched Halesowen all season , and read this forum with anticipation and enjoyment. However, raidenyeltz its obvious from your postings you have little knowledge of the game of football.
last weeks subs didn't work , im sure the lads are quality at this level that's why JH bought them in , but it was unfair to them and then we changed the shape.
Today we were lacking a spark and JH bought BEN on which was a great decision and it worked ,
May I suggest you try and read books or follow experienced pundits to understand the game rather than being insulting to people who have a different opinion ,

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Mar 2015, 19:11

Brilliant. Any suggested books. I may pop down Halesowen Library and purchases Mark Lawrensons autobiography.

ericc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ericc » 28 Mar 2015, 19:55

I think that would do you the world of good
Mark Lawrensons record
first div 5 times winner
FA cup winner
League Cup 3 winner
European cup winner

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 28 Mar 2015, 20:21

How on earth did we not win that game Trafford were awful the only thing they did well was deal with constant long throws which if they dont go to Joe Hull do not get won by us, thought messe looked useful at times with a couple of good runs from midfield and his height is a big bonus Granville looked tricky as well when he came on and glad to see Ben get a goal all in all we need more goals from the midfield area as well as attack and im sure John will find the missing link with limited resources

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 28 Mar 2015, 21:09

andy wrote:Now you're just taking the piss. I wasn't going to bother posting but if you're gonna throw the ball up there, I'll hit it. We couldn't hit a barn door. We haven't beaten any of the bottom six at home. Happy? Yeah, f*ckin' delighted.
I can't really be bothered to argue tonight, but this post Andy is spot on as always