Yeltz Forum Member

Re: buxton away

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Oct 2014, 17:02

Has the lorry driver caught up with JB?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Oct 2014, 17:22

I suspect he saw the result from St Andrews and has hanged himself from the floodlights...

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Oct 2014, 17:25

We lost 2.1

Robbie came on!

Internet is crap in Buxton!

Did Birmingham play today?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Oct 2014, 17:37

We fought hard and we weren't outclassed considering they are riding high. Better second half I thought despite the result . We didn't create too much from open play though.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Oct 2014, 18:53

Quite poor today. Formation still baffles me. Buxton weren't terribly good either but they had us camped in our own half in the first half. Better in the second half but a lack of creativity is a concern

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Oct 2014, 19:34

As matches go, it was a bit of a non-event with few chances created by either side I thought. Our 4-5-1 formation seemed to be stiffling them, but when Laity went off injured we lost one of our outlet balls and his ability to run with the ball at pace. In the first half we were kicking into a wind and against the slope and at 0-0 at half time I was hopeful we could be maybe have more territorial advantage. We got the lead through a blatent hand ball off one of Tonky's throws and Isedyn calmly put the penalty away. Unfortunately we couldn't hold onto the lead very long and they scored from what I recall as their first real clear attempt at goal. Their winning goal was a great finish in truth and a real touch of class, I think the player out muscled (wasn't clear from the other end of the pitch) Joe Hull and finished with a great lob from distance.

Once again, our lads were full of endevour and running and their efforts couldn't be faulted giving their all for the shirt. I thought the 4-5-1 tactic was working a treat in the sense that a top 3 side in this league rarely created any clear cut chances against us, I think had John Hill have gone 4-4-2 we would have struggled to keep them out. Even when Ben came on and we were chasing the game the 2 up front we didn't really get chances created for them. I guess a little bit of class was the difference at the end of the day, and whilst it shows clearly how far we have come, we still have quite a way to go to move forwards further. With the budget allowed to the manager I'm not sure what else he can do.

Make no mistake, Buxton had to work very. very hard for their three points today and our boys can be proud of their efforts.

Hopefully we can get a big crowd down on Tuesday against Witton!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Oct 2014, 20:09

Their winning goal -http://bfctv.net/mark-reeds-250th-goal/
Some of their fans were complaining about the late straight red but it was a correct decision from the ref. Dangerous tackle with foot off the ground.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Oct 2014, 20:31

Thought we deserved a point. Tight game where we restricted what i presume are a good side, to very very little.

I didn't think much of Buxton today - credit to the lads for this as we made them look average.

That little bit of extra quality up front ultimately won Buxton the three points.

As always our players battled and fought. No team Gives their all like we do.

Thought tactics were again spot on, the 451 system stifled them, Forde and Tilt stifling their midfield and Macca creating in midfield. Along with the industrious Tonks out wide I think this is a good system to employ away from home.

We were lucky to lose Lait so early. His pace and directness would have been invaluable to us.

Disappointed with the loss but Buxton are 2nd for a reason. I won't lose sleep over this result or performance.

Roll on Tuesday!

Up the Yeltz

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 25 Oct 2014, 22:15

Other than the three goals both keepers seemed to have a quiet afternoon. Disappointed with the directness off the 250th goal.

No support from their fans only when they scored and the end celebrations.

A draw would have been a fair result.

Buxton a nice place, full of sweets and traffic congestion.

Roll on Tuesday.