Solihull Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Solihull Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 23 Jul 2024, 22:33

Yussuf's body language says it all, for me.
He gives the impression of just not being bothered.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Jul 2024, 22:55

Considering they was a penalty kick away from being a football league side I felt we held our own for 65 minutes. They made lots of changes, they all played at 100 mph and our legs couldn't cope with those of our full time opponents. We won't come up against those fitness levels, and that quality and depth of squad next season. Remember too we were missing Flanagan and Donnelly who are arguably going to be two of our better/more influential players next season. I'd like to see Nat Kelly and the holding midfielder signed who has been on trial. Hopefully versus Hereford on Saturday we get to see us play with both Donnelly and Yussef up top. I feel a little for Adi in that he's been left pretty isolated at the moment against two of the better sides we've played in Tamwuff and Solihull.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 24 Jul 2024, 19:11

First time of seeing 'new ' team and was impressed with most of what I saw.
Hard to really judge against much higher opposition.
Looked good when we pressed and the front guys put plenty of effort in working together to close down.
The back 3 played well together and I liked Parker playing a more advanced role.

Thought the number 8 (Cassidy) didnt really get into the game and most things passed him by.
Hickman though was the concern for me. Thought he looked out of his depth for large periods and was caught out of position on many occasions.
Agree with the comments about Youssuf but hard game (as will be Saturday) for us to see how we will be as an attacking force.
Overall positive signs