Yaxley updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Yaxley updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 22 Jan 2022, 20:54

Yaxley can consider themselves lucky they didn't cop 7 or 8 today. We were superb.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jan 2022, 21:59

fairweatherfan wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 18:27
In our last four games against Yaxley, it has been a combined score of 22-2. Broadly sums it up.
It really is strange how we always seem to murder them. In the league as a whole they are not THAT bad.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 23 Jan 2022, 11:19

Great win yesterday, a performance very much in the ilk of two years ago where we were winning by those sort of margins almost every week.

Personally I thought Yaxley were the worst side I have seen down The Grove this season and I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say it could have been 7 or 8 yesterday.

It would have been nice to have maybe got a few more and to boost the goal difference between ourselves and Ilkeston. That said though a great confidence boosting victory ahead of what is a massive game next week.

With 5 coaches and a fair few others making their own way there it’s certainly going to have a Halifax/Barnet feel about it in terms of support. I seriously cannot wait.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 23 Jan 2022, 12:35

drummyb wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 16:54
Sounded a great game and everything gelled. Well done lads. Just gutted I changed Fantasy Island to 3-0 cos Yaxley were much improved :'(
I had put 8-0 down when they were at their worst but thought better of it and switched to 3-0 as well. :D

It was a solid result and a good performance. Yesterday was our strongest starting XI although I suspect the same personnel may occupy different roles next week. We seem high on confidence and with a big game atmosphere I think it’ll be a great game of football next Saturday.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Jan 2022, 13:08

8-0 is pushing it lol. I know they were outgunned at their place, but on form it shouldnt have been 5-0....which I had picked originally. Im glad for them as a club that they have picked up. Genuinely nice place to visit.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 23 Jan 2022, 14:23

Interesting in Paul Smith's interview, he thought we didn't play as well as we did against Stamford and we will have to be much better next week.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 23 Jan 2022, 14:24

andy wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 21:59
fairweatherfan wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 18:27
In our last four games against Yaxley, it has been a combined score of 22-2. Broadly sums it up.
It really is strange how we always seem to murder them. In the league as a whole they are not THAT bad.
Think there's an element of us being in their heads. As soon as we went one up early, they would have been thinking 'here we go again', and so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. That, or they're just shit... pick your poison.

On the subject of next week, Football Web Pages have a function where it projects results for the rest of the season which suggests it will be 1-1. I'd possibly give it more credence if it didn't suggest that will be one of the two further goals we concede for the rest of the season (while still having Ilson pip us to the title!) Whatever the result, it should be a fantastic day out (so long as we don't take too many Jonny-come-lately nobheads) and makes the anger after Shepshed etc. all worth it. Can't wait!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 23 Jan 2022, 14:46

Yeah but theyll have their own Jonnycomelatelys too.

Just a shame we had that blip, otherwise we wouldnt be playing catch up. Gotta give Paul his dues for turning it round though. Looks a nice ground. Hopefully i can make it.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 23 Jan 2022, 15:26

drummyb wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 14:46
Yeah but theyll have their own Jonnycomelatelys too.
That's the bit that worries me!

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 23 Jan 2022, 16:23

So........have Halesowen finally found a settled side? Have Halesowen got what it takes to beat "Ilson"? Will there be any Jonnycomelately's? Who knows, but this time next week we'll have found out all the answers to the above. Yesterday was one of those games where Halesowen were back to where they were pre covid, playing some great football and you were left thinking by how many were Halesowen going to win by. A few people on here had said that one of the teams in this league were going to "kop" a good hiding off us and yesterday, I thought, it was going to be Yaxley. The fact that we created numerous chances with some going in and some not and everyone playing well to the extent of struggling to pick a man of the match, bodes well for next Saturday.
If everyone plays that well next week then Ilkeston will be in for a game and as a fan you can ask for no more than that.
It makes next week's game mouthwatering.......🤤