Season 2011 2012

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Re: Season 2011 2012

Post by ZeeZee » 26 Apr 2012, 19:07

JohnC wrote:Back to the serious point of this thread.

The facts are the facts.

What is next seasons expectation?
You can steak your life on the club making steady, affordable, sensible progress.

There will be an open supporters forum held in the Yeltzbar as we approach next season.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 27 Apr 2012, 09:41

Combining both themes... If they consult with LLL, maybe he could help to explain some of the 'Rasher' actions that caused all the sendings off and of course the 'Streaky' performances that have meant that the Yeltz have failed to bring home the Bacon. Its true, I'm not telling Porkies?!.
At least we can now raise our cup of Bovril tomorrow and recover over the summer in time for what has to be a better season next year than the truly awful one we have endured this time. Otherwise what's the point of it all? Entertainment or good football it hasn't been and whilst changing the manager in football doesn't always work and is not usually fair, sometimes it has to happen just to give the fans and sponsors some hope. In this case its a tough call.

misterbates
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by misterbates » 27 Apr 2012, 13:24

No arguement with the stats and I kind of follow the logic against Shaun, but alternatively........

He's the right man for the job because:-
He understands the situation at the Club, how and why we got into this mess, so there's no need to explain the constraints under which he's working.
He could - like many others - have gone off to work somewhere else but chose to stay and do his best. So perhaps we should repay a little faith?
He's assembled a nucleus of players who can compete in this division. Not a full team or squad yet admittidley and there have been some "duds" along the way but again - surely - we have to recognise the constraints under which he's working.
We were told this season would be about consolidation. Now I don't particularly like the word because to me it implies that we're happy with the status quo, but given the spectacular slide we've endured over the last couple of years I'll accept it. We have had a "steady" season of mid-table obscurity and no off-field dramas, so fair enough.

So for me, give him another season and see if there's an improvement.

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 27 Apr 2012, 14:06

The Shaun debate is now BORING

Move on

gfcfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gfcfan » 27 Apr 2012, 16:41

looking from the outside, I remember games against you in the 1990s and considered you one of the best sides around in the midlands at our level. We also had a great side for a while as Rovers but things didn't work out and for reasons that some of us still don't know, we had to reform. 3 years and now 2 promotions (providing things goto plan with the fa) later, and we should be playing you again next season if the 2012/13 proposals work out. We went from dark days 4 years ago and dropping down 2 divisions but we got behind our team, and have improved attendances and a new feeling around the club and I think that a lot of it is down to stability. Find a manager (or use the one you have) and hopefully next season you'll do well and we'll have some good games with you again. Looking to 2012/3 already ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 27 Apr 2012, 18:25

thirdeye301 wrote:The Shaun debate is now BORING

Move on
Maybe there is just too much reasoned debate for you to take in? ::)

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 27 Apr 2012, 22:50

lutleyyeltz wrote:
thirdeye301 wrote:The Shaun debate is now BORING

Move on
Maybe there is just too much reasoned debate for you to take in? ::)

Yeah something like that:-:P