Mmmm, humble pie.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Mmmm, humble pie.

Post by andy » 25 Feb 2012, 18:23

A few weeks ago i started a topic suggesting that Sean could take us no further. I felt he was not bringing in any better players than we had, that he could not cut out the silly errors, that he could not control the discipline of the team, that he could not produce a Plan B when needed etc etc etc. It's still early days to talk of a turnaround but i take my hat off to him, i was wrong. Some of the recent additions have been good, some VERY good. 3 clean sheets suggest the errors are getting less and players are playing with renewed confidence. The discipline has been improved, with most of the culprits not playing (and they will find it hard to get back in now). When Jackson looked like he may pick up another yellow he was taken off to ensure we stayed at full strength, a move Sean might not have made a few weeks ago. Alternating the play between good passing to feet and hitting quality long balls proved very fruitful today. The endless, pointless humping it had gone. Really enjoyed it. I hope Sean and the team continue to make me eat this delicious humble pie.

stevelynch
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mmmm, humble pie.

Post by stevelynch » 25 Feb 2012, 21:53

Would you like some cream with that! O0

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 25 Feb 2012, 22:49

stevelynch wrote:Would you like some cream with that! O0
Have we still got some left over from the 'Valentines' special? ;)

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 26 Feb 2012, 09:38

Talking of the Valentine's special, I only saw the friendly (missed yesterday's Wimbourne game due to work) but considering it was a friendly with some players omitted, the team played like, well, a team and the midfield looked solid.

Even though in my humble opinion the defence give the ball away too easily (seems I'm not in the minority) I think the team play way above their league level and it was nice to see a committed team going for it (especially in the second half) on a freezing evening with a low attendance in a hastily arranged friendly; I'm just gutted I missed yesterday's match.

I think things are on the up here... well, they can't get worse can they?

Bring on Bishop's Cleavage this week >:D
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Feb 2012, 18:30

stevelynch wrote:Would you like some cream with that! O0
Not that keen on cream, but if you were to offer a nice bit of custard...... ;D