Gregs has gone

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Gregs has gone

Post by drummyb » 08 May 2024, 10:51

Had to happen I guess. Wish the bloke the very best wherever he goes now.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gregs has gone

Post by piearce9 » 08 May 2024, 11:24

A few years ago, I was on my way home from the traumatic hellhole of Coleshill Town FC when I stopped off for petrol. I was just heading back to my car after paying when a white van zoomed in, pulled up, and a man wearing sliders hopped out the driver's seat. I was rather starstruck, as the van driver who emerged had scored our winning goal just a few hours earlier.

Quite unexpectedly, he saw me and headed over, gave me a big high five and told me how much he'd enjoyed getting that result. It took him a few seconds of his time, but to a Yeltz nerd like me it was a lovely touch, and I drove home that night chuffed to bits.

Reading through comments, it seems everyone has positive words to say about Gregs. He was a bit of a throwback in the way that he just rolled up his sleeves and got on with things - even when the ship was rocking - and always acted like a total professional. I'll always remember at Hinckley away when we were 2-0 down and on our backsides - Gregs was thrown on as sub and immediately took two half chances to grab us the unlikeliest of points.

I can see him (possibly) dropping down a level but he'll be a massive signing for someone and has definitely got a few more years of goalscoring in him. Long term, I can see him in the dugout. But - for now - thanks for some great memories, Gregs.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 08 May 2024, 11:37

He's everything you'd want from someone representing your club. I wish him all the best.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 08 May 2024, 11:47

I should delete this thread because the OP didn’t entitle it, “Gregsit”.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 08 May 2024, 13:04

YeltzDoc wrote:
08 May 2024, 11:47
At least it was spelt right. There could have been a panic if anyone thought those fine purveyors of baked goods had vanished off the face of the earth.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 08 May 2024, 13:15

I believe my Co-Admin has the inside line on the Geordie Lard Peddler's IT, and as such could keep us in artery-cloggers if need be.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 May 2024, 13:37

One of the best. Sad to see him go. All the best Gregs.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 May 2024, 14:11

From the man himself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 08 May 2024, 14:27

YeltzDoc wrote:
08 May 2024, 11:47
Anything that ends -it isnt a good thing. Not that him leaving is, but at least it makes sense!!
As has been said, dropping down a level will be better for him. He struggled to manage a full game and the pace in this league might be a bit beyond him, but by god someone is in for a treat.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 08 May 2024, 15:32

piearce9 wrote:
08 May 2024, 11:24
A few years ago, I was on my way home from the traumatic hellhole of Coleshill Town FC when I stopped off for petrol. I was just heading back to my car after paying when a white van zoomed in, pulled up, and a man wearing sliders hopped out the driver's seat. I was rather starstruck, as the van driver who emerged had scored our winning goal just a few hours earlier.

Quite unexpectedly, he saw me and headed over, gave me a big high five and told me how much he'd enjoyed getting that result. It took him a few seconds of his time, but to a Yeltz nerd like me it was a lovely touch, and I drove home that night chuffed to bits.

Reading through comments, it seems everyone has positive words to say about Gregs. He was a bit of a throwback in the way that he just rolled up his sleeves and got on with things - even when the ship was rocking - and always acted like a total professional. I'll always remember at Hinckley away when we were 2-0 down and on our backsides - Gregs was thrown on as sub and immediately took two half chances to grab us the unlikeliest of points.

I can see him (possibly) dropping down a level but he'll be a massive signing for someone and has definitely got a few more years of goalscoring in him. Long term, I can see him in the dugout. But - for now - thanks for some great memories, Gregs.

Lovely story.

That Hinckley game was bonkers.

I agree he’ll make a great gaffer, not yet though, more goals in those boots.