Player leaving

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Player leaving

Post by Seamus » 20 Mar 2024, 09:52

I guess this means youth team players on the bench, difficult to imagine players coming in for final six matches.

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/first-team-news

Also recall on the discussion about what went wrong this season comments about smaller tricky skillful players as opposed to the more combative physical type & us being out-musculed. Seems under Russ this type of player is not going to start, do we expect others leaving?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Player leaving

Post by andy » 20 Mar 2024, 10:40

Yeah. Will be interesting to see what the future for Jack and Mini will be. Undoubtedly two of the most talented players we have. Will have to see if it's the type of players Russ wants. As has been mentioned on the 'what went wrong' thread they are the sort of players who look the business on the early season better pitches. We'll see.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Mar 2024, 12:43

andy wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 10:40
Yeah. Will be interesting to see what the future for Jack and Mini will be. Undoubtedly two of the most talented players we have. Will have to see if it's the type of players Russ wants. As has been mentioned on the 'what went wrong' thread they are the sort of players who look the business on the early season better pitches. We'll see.
Actually I think Jack will be ok. Mini, who I think is a very talented player, doesnt always get in the game and his head seems to drop at times.
Just an observation, not a criticism. I think there is always room for a flair player in a team, but we are perhaps top heavy with them.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 20 Mar 2024, 14:57

drummyb wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 12:43
andy wrote:
Actually I think Jack will be ok. Mini, who I think is a very talented player, doesnt always get in the game and his head seems to drop at times.
Just an observation, not a criticism. I think there is always room for a flair player in a team, but we are perhaps top heavy with them.
Don't forget Jack was on trial at Kiddy where he was passed over by a one Mr R. Penn..

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 20 Mar 2024, 19:27

I can see 1 of Jack/Mini staying... which one though??

Was quite surprised with Hylton signing when I actually saw him. Much of what we had when we really needed a big guy to support up top. Good luck to the lad where ever he ends up

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Mar 2024, 22:02

fairweatherfan wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 14:57
drummyb wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 12:43
andy wrote:
Don't forget Jack was on trial at Kiddy where he was passed over by a one Mr R. Penn..
I didnt forget...I just didnt know ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Mar 2024, 16:16

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 28 Mar 2024, 17:05

He played for Lye against them on Tuesday

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Mar 2024, 18:45

Didnt get a lot of game time but looked comfortable, if not outstanding. He'll do well at the level below, but not quite ready yet imho for ours. Again, a bit light, weight wise.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Mar 2024, 18:54

Too good to sit on the bench every week… not good enough to start every week. Agree, level below is probably his level for now.