Platty Moves Up the Rankings

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Platty Moves Up the Rankings

Post by BBNOW100 » 27 Dec 2023, 01:52

Dan Platt made his 276th appearance for the Yeltz yesterday. It may seem like an innocuous number, but for the stat-heads among you it's actually quite significant.

Platt is now the second longest-serving goalkeeper in Halesowen history, having just overtaken Joe Harper (who made 275 recorded appearances between 1901 and 1910). The only keeper who has played more Halesowen games is Phil Coldicott.

If you missed it in yesterday's programme, you can read the full article here:
https://medium.com/@benbullock55/c65b44bac7ca
#YeltzTV

Yeltz7
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Platty Moves Up the Rankings

Post by Yeltz7 » 27 Dec 2023, 14:31

If you had to choose between Phil Coldicott and Dan Platt i wonder who most would go for, To me the best goalie i have seen at the grove for the Town would have been Danny McDonnell.

Honourable mention to Tim clarke and i think his name was Mark Hart the season we chased Rushden for the title was outstanding that season might be wrong on the name there.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 27 Dec 2023, 15:15

All correct. And I agree with the names you mention too.
Danny stands alone for me, and I’d take Platty over Phil (sorry Phil).
Some honourable mentions to Paul Evans for holding the fort in the worst of times, Nick Bussey for overplaying the requisite levels of yampiness and Kevan Williams for giving hope to the amply be-gutted. Alan Pemberton was useful as well.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Dec 2023, 16:24

YeltzDoc wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 15:15
All correct. And I agree with the names you mention too.
Danny stands alone for me, and I’d take Platty over Phil (sorry Phil).
Some honourable mentions to Paul Evans for holding the fort in the worst of times, Nick Bussey for overplaying the requisite levels of yampiness and Kevan Williams for giving hope to the amply be-gutted. Alan Pemberton was useful as well.
This.
Danny could have played at a much, much higher level but I believe work was prioritised. Legend.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0