Post by Simons » 01 Sep 2023, 10:19

Number 9 Derby, supporters information https://buff.ly/3L7bmzz

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: No 9 Derby

Post by Yeltzbaby » 01 Sep 2023, 10:26

My observations/questions are

1) How many tickets do we actually have - must be 800 odd plus for that end
2) Gives us a great advantage in terms of numbers and the volume that can be generated under the roof of that stand.
3) Its the equivalent of us giving them The Shed LOL - bet their fans will be well racked off hahahaha
4) Its a shame that u18's are 'banned' unless accompanied by an adult - feel sorry for the 'normal law abiding' u18's/teenages that want to attend this game.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 01 Sep 2023, 11:23

The shed end must have only recently been reopened. It was unsafe due to the building site behind it.
Unless they have a plan!!!

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 01 Sep 2023, 18:35

Yes its bring your own hard hats and hi vis (royal blue ones of course) LOL

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 01 Sep 2023, 19:19

Where is the best place to park for this game?
any suggestions ;D

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 02 Sep 2023, 04:11

No thanks this is a game just not worth the trouble

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 02 Sep 2023, 09:01

I know many people have been put off the Number 9 in the past - and I can't deny I have had similar feelings. It's not nice to stand there half watching the game and half watching over your head for flying objects. I've seen many of our supporters get hit by stuff.

However I am absolutely convinced that the trouble is created by that half-and-half fencing in their Shed End. It almost encourages it - it puts us right on top of one another, the culprits can't be seen or dealt with, and they have the safe haven of knowing that there's a big metal fence in the way. (And yes, it has been both sides.)

Now that they have given us the whole of that end, it means we can enter the ground via the separate entrance, watch the game, and have both sets of fans apart, which I'm convinced will eradicate any problems in the ground. Outside the ground is separate challenge, but as always it's a different ball game when there's no metal fence in the way, and I'm sure the police will be able to manage this. It would probably be wise if they kept the Yeltz fans behind for five mins and cleared the roads a bit.

So I'm actually excited for this fixture now and would encourage those who've been put off in the past to come and support the lads. It is a fantastic spectacle for non-league and has the opportunity to be an epic away day, building on the fantastic support already seen at Kettering and Telford.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 02 Sep 2023, 10:26

Sounds like the clubs / police have planned this very well, makes complete sense.

I think for all Stourbr*dge games under 18’s have to be accompanied by an adult, this was their way of dealing with the issues from the abandoned friendly. I have to say I think the 13-17 youth card at the Yeltz has worked very well and I know the kids are proud to have them.

Maybe a few more of the kids guardians will attend this match now (if the kids bug them enough) and will come back to The Grove too. I know it was my lad that has bought me back from hearing him talk about Yeltz players as if they are Mbappe or Ronaldo.

Could be a win for both clubs, I just hope the game makes the news for footballing reasons rather than any trouble.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 05 Sep 2023, 14:51

Tickets sorted.

Steady stream of fans at The Grove getting them. On sale until 8 pm today with no plans for further sale dates as they may sell out today (Any idea how many we’ve been allocated, I forgot to ask)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 05 Sep 2023, 20:15

MichaelGrove wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 14:51
Tickets sorted.

Steady stream of fans at The Grove getting them. On sale until 8 pm today with no plans for further sale dates as they may sell out today (Any idea how many we’ve been allocated, I forgot to ask)
Sold out well before 8 … 800 allocated 👏