Expectation & Sustainability

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Expectation & Sustainability

Post by VanessaYeltz » 23 May 2023, 13:20

MichaelGrove wrote:
23 May 2023, 12:46
Specifically on attendance’s I think a lot will depend on how the fixtures land compared with Wolves, Villa, West Brom etc. The more times those clubs are on tv and not 3pm Saturday games the better IMO.
Looking at the new EFL TV deal the Albion will barely ever play at 3pm.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 23 May 2023, 13:57

Well Monsieur Le Yeltzdoc, I know many people who came from Barnnssley thou knost, aye up our kid Charlie Williams, Colin Brookes, HD Dickie Bird, Mick McCarthy, them two farmers brothes, Michael Parkinson, Brian Glover, Seth Armstrong, Arthur Scargill the list is endless and I could go on, but although I well remember Colne Dynamoes, I cannot place the team with a plumbers name. The only one I can come up with is Stock ( dale, field , tek yourn pick ) Park Steels, so you'll have to enlighten me and many more who don't know whot yome gooing on about.

Tranter78
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Tranter78 » 23 May 2023, 14:43

We have owners who will cut the cloth accordingly and let’s face it it’s been a long time coming. I’m looking forward to seeing us compete a level 3 again ( like pre 2009) and not just struggling to exist at level 3.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 23 May 2023, 15:05

Tranter78 wrote:
23 May 2023, 14:43
We have owners who will cut the cloth accordingly and let’s face it it’s been a long time coming. I’m looking forward to seeing us compete a level 3 again ( like pre 2009) and not just struggling to exist at level 3.
Brilliant post Trant!
it is a very long time, arguably 2007, since we were at this level, stable financially and in the hands of responsible ownership

richardw
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by richardw » 23 May 2023, 16:05

Shaw Lane Aquaforce

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 23 May 2023, 17:12

richardw wrote:
23 May 2023, 16:05
Shaw Lane Aquaforce
Great knowledge, I’d never heard of them but just looked them up.

This article explains most of it…

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/artic ... -shaw-lane

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 23 May 2023, 18:21

Yeltzbaby wrote:
23 May 2023, 10:46
Top 6 for me, not an expectation but that is what I think we are capable of doing. We are in it to win it, nothing to fear and we are starting to build a squad capable of that finish, with some more very decent signings to come sssshhhhhh

I have seen quite a bit of football at step 3 over the last few years and we have nothing to be overly fearful of. Trust me LOL
Agree 100% about step 3. Saw lots of games at Stour and Bromsgrove last year and the gap between step 4 and 3 is nowhere near what it was 10 years ago.Indeed after what I saw I’m expecting us and Stamford to do well.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 23 May 2023, 18:24

VanessaYeltz wrote:
23 May 2023, 10:47
MichaelGrove wrote:
23 May 2023, 10:36
100% staying in tier 3 should be the aim for this season and not trying to stretch to far too quickly. The fact that there are some fairly local derby’s to looks forward too should keep the attendances buoyant (thinking Stourbr*dge, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Alvechurch, Telford etc)

If the attendances remain consistent we should if financially managed well be able to be competitive.

I know most of the clubs even at step 3 would love the budget our support gives the club. For example Alvechurch made around £60k for their fa cup run last year whereas we probably made that in the last 3 games alone.
o
An appearance in the first round proper is my personal aim over the next couple of seasons. That would be more memorable and historic than promotion.

I’d love a televised Friday night home tie against a league 2 side, what an occasion it would be.

With bar sales included I wouldn’t be surprised if the last thre games bought in nearly £100k.
Not wishing to be a killjoy, but we only get 37.5% of the play off games after all expenses, so whilst it was ‘unexpected’ income, the actual dosh was way, way short of the figures quoted on here.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 23 May 2023, 18:30

old git wrote:
23 May 2023, 18:21
Yeltzbaby wrote:
23 May 2023, 10:46
Top 6 for me, not an expectation but that is what I think we are capable of doing. We are in it to win it, nothing to fear and we are starting to build a squad capable of that finish, with some more very decent signings to come sssshhhhhh

I have seen quite a bit of football at step 3 over the last few years and we have nothing to be overly fearful of. Trust me LOL
Agree 100% about step 3. Saw lots of games at Stour and Bromsgrove last year and the gap between step 4 and 3 is nowhere near what it was 10 years ago.Indeed after what I saw I’m expecting us and Stamford to do well.
To temper expectations though, Bedford went straight back down from the southern central last year after promotion the previous season, which was quite a shock to many.

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 23 May 2023, 18:32

old git wrote:
23 May 2023, 18:24
VanessaYeltz wrote:
23 May 2023, 10:47
MichaelGrove wrote:
23 May 2023, 10:36
100% staying in tier 3 should be the aim for this season and not trying to stretch to far too quickly. The fact that there are some fairly local derby’s to looks forward too should keep the attendances buoyant (thinking Stourbr*dge, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Alvechurch, Telford etc)

If the attendances remain consistent we should if financially managed well be able to be competitive.

I know most of the clubs even at step 3 would love the budget our support gives the club. For example Alvechurch made around £60k for their fa cup run last year whereas we probably made that in the last 3 games alone.
o
An appearance in the first round proper is my personal aim over the next couple of seasons. That would be more memorable and historic than promotion.

I’d love a televised Friday night home tie against a league 2 side, what an occasion it would be.

With bar sales included I wouldn’t be surprised if the last thre games bought in nearly £100k.
Not wishing to be a killjoy, but we only get 37.5% of the play off games after all expenses, so whilst it was ‘unexpected’ income, the actual dosh was way, way short of the figures quoted on here.
Interesting, again showing my lack of knowledge. Does a percentage of the gate go to the opposition too, like FA cup games ?