Re: 23/24 Season Tickets

Post by Dazzie76 » 14 May 2023, 16:30

Sweeney released by macclesfield too.

All out attack next season

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 14 May 2023, 16:42

Like the rest of Twitter, I'm looking forward to the embarrassing way that Sweeney's agents try and tout him about as if he were Erling Haaland.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 May 2023, 18:14

I know he comes with risks attached, but I reckon Montel would be ideal. He’s a very good striker for Step 3 and we know how to get the best out of him.

I do believe centre back is the priority though. I would break the bank for either Jordan Piggott or Ryan Wynter, but the aforementioned Jamie Willets is a good shout as well and would fit the bill.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 14 May 2023, 20:55

piearce9 wrote:
14 May 2023, 18:14
I know he comes with risks attached, but I reckon Montel would be ideal. He’s a very good striker for Step 3 and we know how to get the best out of him.

I do believe centre back is the priority though. I would break the bank for either Jordan Piggott or Ryan Wynter, but the aforementioned Jamie Willets is a good shout as well and would fit the bill.
Wouldnt touch Montel with a barge pole Im afraid. He's proven his loyalty only goes with a big fat paycheck. His hokey cokey with Ilkeston and Telford has been absolutely farcial. He has no interest in staying anywhere longer than a season. Just checked wiki...14 clubs in 7 years!!!
And there are forwards as good as him in non league that might actually want to play

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 14 May 2023, 21:56

YeltzDoc wrote:
14 May 2023, 16:42
Like the rest of Twitter, I'm looking forward to the embarrassing way that Sweeney's agents try and tout him about as if he were Erling Haaland.
And it begins. https://twitter.com/premier_global_/sta ... uLwiaA_KYA

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 15 May 2023, 10:56

I’m amazed players work with agents like this. I don’t know who he is but I certainly wouldn’t want him negotiating on my behalf, he can barely sting a coherent sentence together. It’s embarrassing.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 May 2023, 16:12

A brilliant funny from Gaz!
He is one of the reprobates that gather under the TV tower at The Grove.

BREAKING NEWS!
Premier Global Sports are delighted to announce that our client, Dan Sweeney, has signed terms with Round o' Beef Casuals in the Colley Gate Sunday Methodist & Leg Breakers League. This, despite attractive offers from the likes of Liverpool and PSG. After tough negotiations the "Beef" have agreed to waiver the £5.00 subs fee, but Dan will still take round a football card after matches. Dan had this to say, " I'm absolutely delighted to get this deal over the line. Despite offers from here and abroad, I'm pleased to finally pull on the shirt of the mighty Beef. It's long been a dream of mine ever since my dad used to sneak me round the back for a crafty shandy."
Dan will be available for autographs & selfies this coming Sunday.
#upthesirloins

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 15 May 2023, 16:20

Yep. That could be their next tweet, Apart from the fact that it's well spelt and coherent.

Even the company name is cringe.

Bv-90WLCQAAA3we.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 16 May 2023, 08:52

Another gem from Gaz.

From the Tanhouse Times.

In a dramatic turn of events, the Why Not Inn have announced the signing of Dan Sweeney from bitter rivals, the Round of Beef in an exchange deal, with "Bob the Gas" and a packet of Mr Porky scratchings going the other way. A disappointed sirloins manager, Ron Gubbins jnr told the Tanhouse Times, "yes, it's a blow for the pub, but we just can't compete with the Why Not's budget. We believe they offered Dan a post match cheese & onion roll plus a grab size bag of salt & vinegar and that's just a bridge too far for us"
When asked about his move across the great Stourbr*dge Road divide, Dan told us, "I'm obviously delighted with the move. Its been a dream of mine to play for the Why Not ever since I was a child and dad used to bring us pop and crisps out to the car outside."

MichaelGrove
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by MichaelGrove » 16 May 2023, 09:48

These are great, proper local knowledge. Where do we follow Gaz?
lutleyyeltz wrote:
16 May 2023, 08:52
Another gem from Gaz.

From the Tanhouse Times.

In a dramatic turn of events, the Why Not Inn have announced the signing of Dan Sweeney from bitter rivals, the Round of Beef in an exchange deal, with "Bob the Gas" and a packet of Mr Porky scratchings going the other way. A disappointed sirloins manager, Ron Gubbins jnr told the Tanhouse Times, "yes, it's a blow for the pub, but we just can't compete with the Why Not's budget. We believe they offered Dan a post match cheese & onion roll plus a grab size bag of salt & vinegar and that's just a bridge too far for us"
When asked about his move across the great Stourbr*dge Road divide, Dan told us, "I'm obviously delighted with the move. Its been a dream of mine to play for the Why Not ever since I was a child and dad used to bring us pop and crisps out to the car outside."