Confirm Smudger now!

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Confirm Smudger now!

Post by YeltzDoc » 02 May 2023, 21:09

To play Devil’s Advocaat, (a dire Warnink), I’ll say there’s a good chance he won’t stay.
From what we see, he looks a details and discipline guy, not the charismatic Kapitan type - the post and pre match interviews are always professional but come across as a bit stilted, no eye-contact, and pretty flat.
Now there’s nothing wrong with any of that and there’s more than one way to skin a whatnot.
But it’s much harder work to to be a dotted i’s and crossed t’s bloke than a cross-eyed tea cup thrower who leads by personality and hair dryer.
And it was the workload that he stepped away from.

Hope I’m wrong as he deserves to take the chance if he wants it, and apart from a touch of the Championship Manager tinkerage that he’s prone to, has done a great job imho.

We need to get it sorted before the break though and I’m sure that K&K are all over it. If it has to be a new bloke, then there’s the usual slash and burn, and even if the last few games weren’t the PS post script and he stays on, the non-league not-so-merry-go-round says that we’ll lose or cut 5 or 6 who will need replacing with upgrades.
Various managers being confirmed around the Twitters this week. I hope we join that club soon too.

markb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by markb » 06 May 2023, 15:21

Smith confirmed

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 06 May 2023, 15:22

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/club-news
The news that we wanted to hear!

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 06 May 2023, 20:29

markb wrote:
06 May 2023, 15:21
Smith confirmed
Great news and pleased its been done ASAP giving Paul as much time as possible to get going on next season's squad.

Brightgoldenhaze
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Brightgoldenhaze » 06 May 2023, 21:16

He was always the only man for the job, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 May 2023, 23:41

Definitely deserves the chance. His results with us and previously with Bumsgrove mean that he knows pretty much nothing but winning for about 10 years. And it becomes a habit.
Add to that the benefits of consistency and continuity and it’s deffo the right decision.
A rock-and-roll appointment might have worked but it would have been a terrible risk.
We have the constituent parts to more than compete next year: the crowds, the owners, the manager, the momentum, the facilities, and the core of a good squad.
I’d rather some movie star players, than a Step 2 manager tempted in.
Clever recruitment of blokes I’ve never hear of, plus someone in the Miracle / Tonge / Cowley envelope would give us more than a fighting chance.
Also, what’s been relegated into the league are mostly in a downward spiral and there’s no terrors coming up.

So, over to Brother Avery….

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 May 2023, 09:46

YeltzDoc wrote:
06 May 2023, 23:41
Definitely deserves the chance. His results with us and previously with Bumsgrove mean that he knows pretty much nothing but winning for about 10 years. And it becomes a habit.
Add to that the benefits of consistency and continuity and it’s deffo the right decision.
A rock-and-roll appointment might have worked but it would have been a terrible risk.
We have the constituent parts to more than compete next year: the crowds, the owners, the manager, the momentum, the facilities, and the core of a good squad.
I’d rather some movie star players, than a Step 2 manager tempted in.
Clever recruitment of blokes I’ve never hear of, plus someone in the Miracle / Tonge / Cowley envelope would give us more than a fighting chance.
Also, what’s been relegated into the league are mostly in a downward spiral and there’s no terrors coming up.

So, over to Brother Avery….
I couldn't possibly know what you mean ;)
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 07 May 2023, 12:04

I hope you lot are right.

Yeltzbaby
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltzbaby » 07 May 2023, 12:09

KenR - what is your opinion.....and yes lets hope we are all right. Cant think of a better appointment for many many reasons most of which already documented. Did you have someone else in mind or?