Jack the lad!

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Jack the lad!

Post by VanessaYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 10:54

Saw him close up last night and he seems to have been on the weights, got significantly more stocky and stronger but doesn’t seem to have lost any pace with it.

Won’t do him any harm.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 12:30

VanessaYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 10:54
Saw him close up last night and he seems to have been on the weights, got significantly more stocky and stronger but doesn’t seem to have lost any pace with it.

Won’t do him any harm.
That's interesting, I wonder if that's on instruction, or whether it's as simple as joining the gym as a hobby!

Without sounding like I'm criticising our coaching staff, I wonder if he's picked up and learned some important lessons from the Kiddy staff during his brief time there? As, and I know it's only two games in, he's looked as good as ever, which is exactly what we needed from him.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

VanessaYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by VanessaYeltz » 17 Aug 2022, 13:15

Spending time at and ultimately being rejected by a full time club higher up the steps could’ve seen him either become dejected or even more motivated.

I have a good feeling by the unreal condition he’s come back in that it’s the latter.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 17 Aug 2022, 13:24

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 12:30
VanessaYeltz wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 10:54

Won’t do him any harm.
That's interesting, I wonder if that's on instruction, or whether it's as simple as joining the gym as a hobby!

Without sounding like I'm criticising our coaching staff, I wonder if he's picked up and learned some important lessons from the Kiddy staff during his brief time there? As, and I know it's only two games in, he's looked as good as ever, which is exactly what we needed from him.
He had massively bulked up by the end of last season - especially upper body wise.

Still thinks he holds onto the ball too long and his decision making leaves plenty to be desired, but he's young so still plenty of time!