Next season's line up?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Next season's line up?

Post by old git » 01 May 2022, 17:05

fairweatherfan wrote:
01 May 2022, 16:47
Cambridge/ Histon is very bobbly grass, although think Cambridge may be at their new ground by the start of next season which I *think* is plastic.
No. Thank God Cambridge’s new pitch is grass. … however there’s a chance they may be moved to the Isthmian

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 01 May 2022, 17:37

Cambridge were moved to the Isthmian a year ago but were appealed on the basis of where their players travelled from. Now that they have moved to the south of Cambridge, this balance may change

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 01 May 2022, 18:21

Seamus wrote:
30 Apr 2022, 21:31
The suggestion I have seen excludes Long Eaton but instead includes a visit to the wonderful Moat ground at Greeley.
Nothing wrong with Gresley ::) I can borrow my son's skateboard to get there so it's sweet and dandy as far as I'm concerned ('tis still grotty though, I can confirm).

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 01 May 2022, 18:23

YeltzDoc wrote:
01 May 2022, 10:22
We played “Leicester Road”, whose provenance I summed up thus -
It seems that Leicester Road play at the old Hinckley United stadium at Road Stadium, Leicester Rd, Hinckley and sort of used to be Hinckley United who of course used to be Hinckley Town who never played at the stadium at Road Stadium, Leicester Rd, Hinckley and Hinckley Athletic who used to be Hinckley Town and also never played at the stadium at Road Stadium, Leicester Rd, Hinckley, and shouldn't be confused with Hinckley AFC, who more sort of used to be Hinckley United and used to play at the old Hickley United stadium at Road Stadium, Leicester Rd, Hinckley, but now don't.
If they are yet another Hinckley side, I may have to revise this simple-to-follow South Leicestershire-based mnemonic.

Westy works for Leicestershire Council, maybe he can shed some light?
Nope. Still not rising to it. Must try harder. ;)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 01 May 2022, 18:25

YeltzDoc wrote:
01 May 2022, 10:38
A quick Google seems to suggest that they don’t exist at all and are the product of Juanillo’s twisted imagination.
Either that or they are at the heart of some conspiracy theory centred around the concept of the M6 / M1 confluence being a portal to another universe in which every football team in the known world has to play in Hinckley.
Or something.
I think Barwell play in Hinckly too. Maybe they changed their name to Hinckley Summatorother Academicals ???

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 01 May 2022, 18:29

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
01 May 2022, 16:37
GreySquirrel wrote:
01 May 2022, 15:46
Can anyone give any stats as to our results away from home on plastic compared to our results away on grass. Over last season obviously. I would guess very similar ? Obviously the injury’s picked up are a negative.
I'd guess we have a better PPG on plastic. We only lost one away match, away to grassy Shepshed.

Shepshed. Don't they play near Hinckley? ;)

GreySquirrel
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GreySquirrel » 01 May 2022, 19:06

So what everyone is saying is that a plastic makes absolutely no difference and might well work in our favour. Bar all the injury’s however. Modern day players have played on these pitches from kids up. Fear no one we are Halesowen !!!!
Thanks for coming!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 02 May 2022, 22:44

OK, this is another possible line up now that all the Step 3 and Step 4 play offs have been completed.

So instead of Cambridge City, Evesham and Bishops Cleeve we could get Biggleswade, Kempston and St Neots, but nothing to alarm us.

Bedworth United
Chasetown
Coleshill Town
Corby Town
Daventry Town
Halesowen Town
Loughborough Dynamo
Shepshed Dynamo
Spalding United
Sporting Khalsa
Stamford
Sutton Coldfield Town