Paul Smith to stay on.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Paul Smith to stay on.

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Apr 2022, 09:53

I'm aware I've been critical, some times fairly, sometimes not, but I do feel pleased at this news.

Also, a note to say how positive it is for Keith and Karen to decide swiftly, but in a reasoned way, how we should go forward.

This club is in safe hands.

Roll on next season.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Paul Smith to stay on.

Post by drummyb » 30 Apr 2022, 10:02

Yeah im very pleased about that. Genuinely nice bloke that cares about the club.

But....and I hate conditions.....I think people will expect better next year and we cant make the same mistakes twice.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Apr 2022, 10:04

drummyb wrote:
30 Apr 2022, 10:02
Yeah im very pleased about that. Genuinely nice bloke that cares about the club.

But....and I hate conditions.....I think people will expect better next year and we cant make the same mistakes twice.
I have no doubt part of the conversation between Paul, Karen and Keith was about how best to win the league. That's the goal. That's the expectation. I don't think it's arrogant to think and believe otherwise.

I think the difference between this and next season is the realisation how tough and how much of a scrap it will be. But we should be aiming for 1st place.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Apr 2022, 10:11

I dont think its arrogant to want it or to push for it. I dont think we should expect it, but thats just my personality. There will be teams looking to topple us again next year, and some surprises again.

Cant wait!!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 30 Apr 2022, 10:47

drummyb wrote:
30 Apr 2022, 10:11
I dont think its arrogant to want it or to push for it. I dont think we should expect it, but thats just my personality. There will be teams looking to topple us again next year, and some surprises again.

Cant wait!!
I get that point. But, without knowing for certain, I assume our budget will be the biggest, if not competitive, so it's a reasonable expectation.

I'm already chomping at the bit to get my season ticket sorted. Can't wait for next season, already.

Sweepstake for my first 2022/23 rant?

BartleyYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BartleyYeltz » 30 Apr 2022, 10:53

I think it’s positive news, we all know mistakes we’re made this season but I’m sure we will learn from them.
PS clearly cares about bringing success to the club and puts so much More time in for the club then just looking after the 1st team. I think long term this will bring continued improvement on and off the pitch. As a fan who has only been coming 3-4 years the difference in that time is remarkable.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Apr 2022, 11:34

Defo deserves another crack at it. He did it in the Trophy season and he can do it again. Bring it on!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 30 Apr 2022, 12:33

Brilliant news and wishing Paul all the best for next season. It would have been a no brainer to throw away all his efforts over the past 3 years
Good to get sorted quickly so the management team can get down to looking for and signing the players he wants to make us successful

When are the season tickets out!!!!

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 30 Apr 2022, 12:39

I'll definitely go with a flex ticket again....I presume we'll change kits again this year, which is a shame cos I love all three.
I thought it was great we kept them over 3 covid seasons, and would like to keep these for one more season. I think shirts should be over two seasons.

I also get that its a money earner for clubs, so will buy them whatever.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 30 Apr 2022, 12:49

Excellent news! No club wins consistently by changing the gaffer every other season. Stability is the way forward. Well done to Karen and Macca for acting so quickly, and to Paul for accepting the challenge. :)