Who is up for a sing song Saturday??

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Who is up for a sing song Saturday??

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Jan 2012, 20:55

Whilst not everyone can be bothered with singing, shouting and all that, a few years ago the atmosphere used to be pretty good at The Grove, would all the ones that like chanting and getting behind the team be up for forming closely in numbers rather than splitting up so we can get some atmosphere going, perhaps if we do our encouragement let's say might transfer to the pitch and inspire the players to keep going, I have played in front of small crowds and believe me it does have a positive and encouraging effect.

The Grove is supposed to be our fortress a place where opponents should fear to come, let's do our part to make it as hard for the opposition to get 3 points from us, imagine loads of yeltz flags, us wearing our colours and getting behind our team, if it helps get us get extra points on the board then it will be worth it, we will have a good time and more will slowly start coming through the turnstiles.

What does anyone think ? Surely it's worth a try at least ?

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Who is up for a sing song Saturday??

Post by watsisnerm » 19 Jan 2012, 21:33

at last some one wanting to do some thing positive! tip: meet in the yeltz bar at about 2pm, have a few, that will get em singing ! (thats what does it at away matches)

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 20 Jan 2012, 15:04

watsisnerm wrote:at last some one wanting to do some thing positive! tip: meet in the yeltz bar at about 2pm, have a few, that will get em singing ! (thats what does it at away matches)
2pm - ur aving a giraff arnt you - we need more lubrication that that !

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 21 Jan 2012, 09:30

watsisnerm wrote:at last some one wanting to do some thing positive! tip: meet in the yeltz bar at about 2pm, have a few, that will get em singing ! (thats what does it at away matches)
Been a while since you have been to an away match. Not heard singing for quite a time.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 21 Jan 2012, 10:23

This is my point, we all have voices, enough to make our opinions, so lets make ourselves heard and get behind the players. Halesowen Town is a big name in this league, I bet most teams looked forward to seeing when they had us first when the fixtures were out (apart from their local rivals) It would be nice to start sending a few home with their tails between their legs.

Last season it was commented on when the yeltz youth found their voices so why don't we? We can't have it both ways, we either do everything to get behind the players on the pitch, giving them some praise and encouragement, then if there is a lack of effort or indiscipline then we will feel right to have a moan, but just to moan before we have tried our part in getting them going seems a little unfair to me!

We are Halesowen say we are Halesowen!!!