Happy Clappy Club?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Happy Clappy Club?

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Jan 2012, 10:06

stevelynch wrote:
The division that would suit us is the evostik north league south division which is mainly west and east midlands will a few away days such as Lincoln United.
So we would still be south but north south not south south like we are now! :-\
clear as mud!
Would be good to play teams like Eastwood? ;)

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 17 Jan 2012, 17:46

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:Would be good to play teams like Eastwood?
Yes, they've won just once since August and with 3 to go down, they are virtually a certainty to go down...though will still be one step higher.

On the debate of which level is appropriate, then this table goes some way to suggest why the Yeltz should at least be in the current level; ranked 119 and there are 134 clubs in Steps 1-3.
http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/turnstile.php?s=2010

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Jan 2012, 19:28

I agree that people will only allow so much time for the club to transfer any off field development to the pitch, a football club is after all is said and done, a business, its product is football, therefore it needs at some point to concentrate on selling 'the product'.

To return to the original post by ZeeZee. My fear is that 'the product' at the moment is so mediocre that our"customers" will either decide not to buy - or take their custom elsewhere. The loss of gatemonies that is the fallout from that will hinder the improvement that the emminent ZeeZee forecasts.
Dare I suggest that an air of complacency may have settled over the dressing room viz a viz relegation. This being an unlikely event (thankfully), there is no motivation to fight for every point that is available?
Consolidation is, of course, necessary and maybe that is what is happening in the corridors of power,BUT, unless there is tangible improvement very soon it may all be too late as we may only have the valiant faithful who turn up no matter what - and then moan, justifiably, on the forum!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Jan 2012, 21:18

Current 'unofficial' projections show us moving sideways as expected,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... n_US#gid=0

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Jan 2012, 21:39

Map to back up the above.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 21 Jan 2012, 09:18

Interesting map as a move to the Northern Southern One (or whatever it's called this week) would definitely reduce the travelling.

Not far enough North for my liking though, as where I live only just makes the top edge of the map :(

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 21 Jan 2012, 12:04

Brother Pollard, we need to bring about a campaign to move us to the purple blobs league.

One of us might even make a match then...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Jan 2012, 13:26

I think for Poll the East of Scotland League would be closer still! We could have a reunion at Gretna, and go to the wonderfully named Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale. Bit cold though, i'm all for Italy........

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 21 Jan 2012, 20:16

yeltz85 wrote:Current 'unofficial' projections show us moving sideways as expected,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... n_US#gid=0
Looks good to me.

Especially New Mills. I believe it to be handy for the hills. :)

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 21 Jan 2012, 20:51

hi i dont mean to sound thick .... but are we a lower league than the one romulus and sutton are in at the mo , just wondering , thnx