The return of a lost Yeltzman.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

The return of a lost Yeltzman.

Post by frankowba » 13 Apr 2021, 22:04

Well, it’s been a 6 year hiatus, for myself on this forum, I’m delighted it’s still going strong. As the subject says. I’m a returning yeltzman. Where do I start, so Halesowen have always been my local non league team. I know some folks don’t like that expression but I have no other way of saying it. My first game was around 2002 when I was 16. Ive been going ever since. Had season tickets on and off. (More off I may add) bought the shirts. Done the freezing cold winter night games. Been through the dare I mention there names (Ingram and M**s*n) period. Right up to the John hill era.

In most of that time I’ve had a season ticket at West Brom. However I would always go and watch the Yeltz when I could. I moved house around 6 years ago. I got involved with a local radio station reporting on matches etc. So it kind of took me away from Halesowen.

However with the pandemic, The awful VAR in the premier league. The absolute fortune of over a thousand pounds for me and my family for a season ticket at WBA. It gave me a lot of thinking time. It’s bought me back to my roots. Next season I shall be a season ticket holder at Halesowen Town. I’m looking forward to seeing those familiar faces I've missed. Having a catch up with old friends and hopefully new. I have a 6 year old daughter to try and get her involved with the Yeltz brigade. I can’t wait for the return of football at the grove like all of you.

So Yeltz family, if you’ll have me, I’m coming back. 👍👍

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: The return of a lost Yeltzman.

Post by pantverdant2 » 14 Apr 2021, 01:05

Welcome back Mr. Owba. ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 14 Apr 2021, 08:27

"You know it makes sense!"

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 14 Apr 2021, 11:40

I tell you, in the same way there will be more joy in heaven (The Shed) over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need to repent.

Welcome home.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Apr 2021, 13:25

frankowba wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 22:04

Only if you promise not to go back your word when Albion pull off another great escape. ;)
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 14 Apr 2021, 13:30

andy wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 13:25
frankowba wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 22:04

Only if you promise not to go back your word when Albion pull off another great escape. ;)

100% I will not mate. Hate everything about the premier league and what it’s become.

ginger dynamo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ginger dynamo » 16 Apr 2021, 15:31

Welcome home sir!