Gaffer Signs On

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Gaffer Signs On

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Apr 2021, 17:48

https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/first-team-news
The Gaffer Commits

HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB are delighted to announce that First Team Manager has committed his future to the Yeltz.

The beginning of the 2021-2022 season will be Paul Smith’s third at the helm at the Yeltz, but the global pandemic brought a premature halt to the previous two seasons, the 2019-20 being particularly frustrating with Halesowen Town heading towards a potential promotion and The FA Trophy semi-final moved from two legs to one.
His brand of football and quality of signings soon made Paul a very firm fans favourite.
On committing his future Paul had this to say, "I’m delighted to have agreed terms on another contract at this fantastic club. I’m a very ambitious Manager, and I am extremely lucky to have found owners and a club that share my ambitions.
Through no fault of our own it’s been a very frustrating couple of years since I arrived, although we already have some fantastic memories to cherish, all that has made us even more determined to bring success to our amazing Yeltz faithful.
I have a very special relationship with the owners that continues to grow, that’s based on honesty, integrity and a desire to improve every facet of the football club year on year. I feel we have done that but have so much more to do. We all can’t wait for the new season to commence and continue our journey."
We caught up with Director of Football Keith McKenna, "Great news that Paul has committed his future to Halesowen Town and really looking forward to working together to drive us up the leagues. Both Karen and I have been markedly impressed by the professionalism, dedication and organisation of the team and the staff under Paul’s guidance and we are privileged to have him on board. We are excited for the season ahead and can’t wait to get started."
We are sure all Yeltz Folk will be excited by this excellent news, we are sure we are in the right place to hit the ground running once the league season begins.

Up The Yeltz.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gaffer Signs On

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Apr 2021, 17:55

The Twitter teaser gleaned a reply that suggests that we might have signed this bloke as well - https://twitter.com/Gio_Dainty

A left back from Coleshill United a big of digging reveals.

Must be a local bloke, his father Billy was from Dudley.
*Nobody under 50 gets the joke*

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gaffer Signs On

Post by piearce9 » 11 Apr 2021, 22:11

Great news on the gaffer signing again.

I would ignore anything you see written by that particular member of the Twitterati - he seems to comment all sorts of jibberish about Halesowen and I don’t think he’s particularly “ITK”.

I’d be a little bit pleased, however, if we could bring in Geo Dainty, just so I can fine tune this joke and improve on my 0 retweets 0 likes: https://twitter.com/piearce9/status/128 ... 31552?s=21

Eat your heart out, Roy Chubby Brown