Many thanks, but it's time to go

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Many thanks, but it's time to go

Post by munchkin3 » 11 Jan 2012, 22:14

quality is not low , not in my eyes anyway , the keeper is great , i hope we get some points after all this and start to get positive comments , true supporters will still come to offer support if they are true supporters , or are they going to turn into glory hunters ;D

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Jan 2012, 23:36

Munchin the true supporters do keep coming the 180 to 200 ish mark maybe, the glory hunters \ casual supporters that in the not so distant past used to make our gates nearer 500 than 250 is what puts extra bunce in the pot.

People keep quoting budgets. Surely at this level players play for the love with a bit of expenses for travelling etc. I don't see any of the bigger budget clubs in our league or above (cue Stourbidge with blankety blank chq book) knocking our doors down for our players.

Majority of players are good enough for this league as has been said. No other "bigger budget" clubs have impressed or been in a different league. Like when we were in the Premier, Sailsbury, Farnborough & Nuneaton.

People (Jack & Munchin & Washy (sounds like a pantomime!)) keep saying what the players may think reading this.

If it was me I would pull my socks up, stick my chest out with pride with the Yeltz shirt on and go out on the pitch and try my hardest for all the time i was on the pitch.

So lets see some passion on the pitch and from the dugout. No stupid yellow or red cards.

Thank Steve for his comments on other threads although I still disagree. Football is a game of opinions.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Jan 2012, 18:10

Something that I, and possibly others who have posted our views, have overlooked is the appointment of Gary Willetts to the board as a Trust/Supporters representative.
Gary knows his football and will, undoubtedly, convey our views (where appropriate) to the board meetings. It can only be beneficial to have this facility.
Despite what some may think, the discussion on this thread (and others) has been conducted without personal attack and my earnest hope is that Shaun and the players respond to what has been said and prove us all wrong.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 13 Jan 2012, 19:26

lutleyyeltz wrote:Something that I, and possibly others who have posted our views, have overlooked is the appointment of Gary Willetts to the board as a Trust/Supporters representative.
Gary knows his football and will, undoubtedly, convey our views (where appropriate) to the board meetings. It can only be beneficial to have this facility.
Despite what some may think, the discussion on this thread (and others) has been conducted without personal attack and my earnest hope is that Shaun and the players respond to what has been said and prove us all wrong.

For me the last paragraph sums it up perfectly, yes we all can air our views, but we should all be wishing Shaun, Steve etc all the best, proving the ones with doubts or concerns wrong, myself included here, anyone that doesn't want them to succeed or would take delight in them failing shouldn't be on here in my opinion.

My views might be different sometimes, but I wouldn't wish anyone at this club to fail, just because previously I had disagreed with something the manager or someone else had or hadn't done.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 13 Jan 2012, 20:17

dazzlingdazza wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:Something that I, and possibly others who have posted our views, have overlooked is the appointment of Gary Willetts to the board as a Trust/Supporters representative.

For me the last paragraph sums it up perfectly, yes we all can air our views, but we should all be wishing Shaun, Steve etc all the best, proving the ones with doubts or concerns wrong, myself included here, anyone that doesn't want them to succeed or would take delight in them failing shouldn't be on here in my opinion.

My views might be different sometimes, but I wouldn't wish anyone at this club to fail, just because previously I had disagreed with something the manager or someone else had or hadn't done.
Well said dazzling - spoken like a true diplomat!
Along with your experience of managing under 8's (and your knowledge of Man United tactics) maybe one day in a few years time you may graduate to Shaun's level. ;)

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 13 Jan 2012, 21:01

Can I interrupt as an "outsider", and with genuine intentions?

I haven't seen you play this season, so can't and won't comment on the playing side of things.

Off the pitch, though, you have to give things time (and that will impact on the field too). Look back twelve months and see where you were then. I know it's been said by others, but you have to be thankful in a lot of ways that you have a team at all.

Stourbr*dge might be having some good times now, but twelve years ago we were suffering much the same as you did last season (not expecting any retrospective sympathy!) - a not-as-wealthy-as-we-initially-thought benefactor had left us in the lurch and financially the club was running on fumes. We lost match after match and eventually slipped out of the Southern League with not much of a whimper. In fact our situation was worse than yours in that we thought we would never have a way back up due to the ground grading rules at that time.

Fortunately we managed to turn it round - but it took a lot of hard work and a lot of patience. You will need pleny of the same. I get the sense that the hard work is going on, but the patience is buried underneath the surface where some people are concerned.

You have more going for you than you think. You are back on your feet, you have bigger support than just about any other club in your division, and you have the road back that we didn't think was open to us. It will come good, but it won't happen overnight.

I said I couldn't comment on your playing performances, but I sure as hell know that this season they are the least of your worries. You won't be promoted this time around so build for next season. Sorry, but sacking the manager (unless he really IS shockingly bad at his job) is unlikely to solve everything.

Just be realistic with your expectations.

Right, that's it with the comradeship. Up the North Leigh!

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Jan 2012, 21:21

The Reasonable Man wrote: Right, that's it with the comradeship. Up the North Leigh!
As much as it pains me, you're absolutely spot on but most of our lot don't see it entirely like that, me included some of the time, anyway thanks for your concerns, now you can p1ss right back on to the Leamington forum where you're also so welcome ;)

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 13 Jan 2012, 22:28

The Reasonable Man wrote:Can I interrupt as an "outsider", and with genuine intentions?

I haven't seen you play this season, so can't and won't comment on the playing side of things.

Off the pitch, though, you have to give things time (and that will impact on the field too). Look back twelve months and see where you were then. I know it's been said by others, but you have to be thankful in a lot of ways that you have a team at all.

Stourbr*dge might be having some good times now, but twelve years ago we were suffering much the same as you did last season (not expecting any retrospective sympathy!) - a not-as-wealthy-as-we-initially-thought benefactor had left us in the lurch and financially the club was running on fumes. We lost match after match and eventually slipped out of the Southern League with not much of a whimper. In fact our situation was worse than yours in that we thought we would never have a way back up due to the ground grading rules at that time.

Fortunately we managed to turn it round - but it took a lot of hard work and a lot of patience. You will need pleny of the same. I get the sense that the hard work is going on, but the patience is buried underneath the surface where some people are concerned.

You have more going for you than you think. You are back on your feet, you have bigger support than just about any other club in your division, and you have the road back that we didn't think was open to us. It will come good, but it won't happen overnight.

I said I couldn't comment on your playing performances, but I sure as hell know that this season they are the least of your worries. You won't be promoted this time around so build for next season. Sorry, but sacking the manager (unless he really IS shockingly bad at his job) is unlikely to solve everything.

Just be realistic with your expectations.

Right, that's it with the comradeship. Up the North Leigh!
Bloody hell, never thought I would say it but the most truthful post on here for a while has come from a Stourbr*dge fan! To quote the Mighty Meat, You took the words right out of my mouth ;)

yeltzdan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzdan » 14 Jan 2012, 11:18

If we accept that this season was always going to be about consolidating and getting a proper structure off the pitch (which the club appears to be doing extremely well), does that mean we shrug our shoulders about what's happening on it? I don't think my thoughts are a knee-jerk reaction and I personally believe Cunnington has earnt the right to have a fair crack at the whip which probably means at least until the end of the season. I don't expect us to win and play well every week but I do want to see signs of improvement and promise so that I can be confident that next season we can push on, but everything I've seen recently (more silly mistakes, continued indiscipline, rank poor performance etc) suggests to me the team's going backwards.

The Stourbr*dge fan is probably right about sacking the manager now and it's not going to happen anyway. I really hope I'm wrong but I've got a feeling Steve Lynch will have a tough decision to make at some point because I have real doubts about Cunnington being the man to get us out of this division.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Jan 2012, 11:46

I am sick of hearing about "our budget is lower than theirs".

Shaun knew what the budget was when Steve took over or should have done.
Must have decided he could do the job with it.

So DO IT stop bleating about the poor budget.

Some things do not cost a penny!!!!

I will support the players and manager at the games but if in my opinion they are not performing I will say so at the end of the game or here.