Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Many thanks, but it's time to go

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Jan 2012, 09:22

head in sand.jpg

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 11 Jan 2012, 10:37

lutley your pic did make me laugh i have to admit... but it's nice to read what washy says and totally agree with him ...it's the same side who played well early on in the season and by just avoiding a couple of defeats i believe we will see a vast improvement in performance with confidence restored for us then to kick on from there ...

In today's day and age where there's very little loyalty amongst managers / especially players etc who seem to move at a drop of an hat for an extra fiver it would be nice for us to give Cunnington our full support and remember his loyalty/commitment last year when he never turned and ran when the going got tough ... I sincerely hope the players get a good kick up the backside to up their work rate and like Dazzling commented earlier try and make our own luck however low confidence is at the moment and turn things round as soon as poss...

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 11 Jan 2012, 12:42

Thanks for comments Jack, although I am a she not a he ;)

If we have a coupke of wins, we will move right back up in the table, the confidence of the players and Shaun will be lifted and everyone will calm down again.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 11 Jan 2012, 16:10

We had a win against Stourport. Since then 3 games, 3 defeats, no goals, doesn't exactly prove the point that wins bring confidence.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 11 Jan 2012, 16:55

Not one win a couple of wins!

If we can get a run of two or three wins or even draws our confidence will be lifted.

And a win against Stourport isnt really an achievement as they are bottom of the league.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Jan 2012, 17:33

Washy002 wrote:Not one win a couple of wins!

If we can get a run of two or three wins or even draws our confidence will be lifted.

And a win against Stourport isnt really an achievement as they are bottom of the league.
All sounds very positive ,then!
Last edited by lutleyyeltz on 11 Jan 2012, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Jan 2012, 17:56

Washy002 wrote:Not one win a couple of wins!

On your above downward sequence you'll be satisfied with 2 nil, 3 nil and 4 nil defeats! ::)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Jan 2012, 18:46

Lutley, your head in the sand picture sums it up perfectly. I knew there would be disagreement when i started this thread, but i at least thought there may be some reasoned arguement. Apparently not. Players who played earlier in the season HAVE got worse. Sean is not seen to be affecting a game from the bench, not sure why. It's not that confidence is low, it is that the quality is low. Some players do look disinterested. Discipline IS poor. With the regular comings and goings and no shows, there does not seem to be a lot of comittment, yet we fans should blindly show ours? And I dread to think what the Cinderford fan cited has been watching in recent times. I'm sorry, but a "couple of wins" will in no way shape or form put this right.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 11 Jan 2012, 19:00

Forgot to mention, no i could not do better because i am not a football manager, nor could others as they are just fans also. As Lutley says though, if you put yourself in that position, as a player or manager, then critisism as well as praise must be accepted from the paying public.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 11 Jan 2012, 21:00

I never said that people aren't intilted to their opinion as paying fans we all have a right to say what we think, both positive and negative. I for one will support a manager and players who has stuck with us through some tough times, is working on a very low budget and who is going through a rough patch at the moment. If we win our next two games we will be back in the middle of the table with players who believe in themselves.

I do agree with discipline and this is something Shaun and the club will address, time will tell.

As I have said before, this season was about stabilisation of the club which is happening thanks to steve and his team of volunteers. The on field stuff will come in time.