Many thanks, but it's time to go

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Many thanks, but it's time to go

Post by andy » 07 Jan 2012, 18:48

I am very grateful for the tireless work that Shaun has put in, initially under impossible conditions, but i don't think he can take us any further. Our performances last season were forgivable because our situation was dire and the standard of opposition was good. The guys gave everything but usually still came away with a hammering. Yet how they tried.
Fast forward to now. No effort, no passion, no ability, no clue, nothing. Most weeks the opposition are at best poor, yet we still look out of our depth. Does Shaun bawl and holler from the touchline, in a vain attempt to change the dross we see? Not a bit of it. Never see him from first minute to last. I cant believe in training they just hit long balls up to the 2 midget forwards, just to watch it come straight back at them again, so why does he allow it to happen for 90 minutes every match day? I just think with our limited ability there is not a Plan B. Now we have lost our one and only 'different' option in Chiltern, the flickers of hope we did have of being entertained are gone. Yate won against us at walking pace in the end, no tackles coming in, no harrying, no chasing 50/50s, it was like a practice kick around for them. Once again we end up with 10 men through a lack of discipline, something that has cost us the entire season. Has it changed, have the worst culprits been weeded out? No. Elementary mistakes have cost us all season, do we see any signs of that changing? No. I may be wrong but i doubt there are many clubs in this division awash with money, and our crowds are quite a bit higher than most, so surely we should be able to at least compete. The 'grateful to be here still' is wearing a bit thin now, simply because it's not the QUALITY of the players we can afford, it's once they are here it's the LACK OF EFFORT, INDISCIPLNE, and individual performances actually GETTING WORSE, nothing to do with money. It would appear that Shaun cannot change any of these things so sadly it is probably time to go.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Many thanks, but it's time to go

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Jan 2012, 10:31

Succintly summed up in a large nutshell, Andy.
You have outlined the general concensus of opinion from those who stand at the back of the dug-out - I can't imagine that there aren't other areas of the ground where the same opinions are held. It is unfortunate that someone like Shaun has to be under the cosh of criticism but, as he surely knows, that is what goes with the territory.
I agree with all that has been said in Andy's post and the fact has to be faced that we are going nowhere at the present time. :(

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 08 Jan 2012, 21:53

Sorry totally disagree with majority of comments although can totally understand the sentiments ....

Our biggest defeats this year have been 2-0 if i remember rightly so we're hardly out of our depth? Yes, we've been poor of late especially at home ... but really feel main issue at present is due to lack of confidence that's all... Players will read these forums and seeing what's written probably won't be doing much to help boost their performance / morale although yes us fans pay the wages so have every right to have an opinion/pop ...

There as been many a game this year (as been prev mentioned) we've lost by an individual error not by being outclassed nor outfought etc and no manager in whatever league will fully eradicate that out of the game and I don't believe we're not trying just maybe a little cautious at the moment. It seems if we compete and cock up we're indisciplined if not disinterested??

I spoke to a Cinderford supporter at half-time last week who claimed we were by far the best footballing side he'd seen for years although obviously for all our possession in the first half goals unfortunately didn't materialise but that's football and why we all love it so much for it's unpredictability .....

Also, as far as worrying about players leaving i'd much rather us concentrate on the ones who stay and help us turn this season around...!!

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 09 Jan 2012, 10:06

What has happened to Chiltern and some of the other missing players on Saturday then?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 09 Jan 2012, 10:17

Steve Glass wrote:What has happened to Chiltern and some of the other missing players on Saturday then?
I believe Chilly has gone back to Tividale. He played for them Saturday.

McGrath will be back in a few games.

Evans is injured.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 09 Jan 2012, 14:38

[quote="jack"] Players will read these forums and seeing what's written probably won't be doing much to help boost their performance / morale although yes us fans pay the wages so have every right to have an opinion/pop ...

quote]
Once players accept payment, whether it is 50p, £5, £50 or £50,000 they put themselves in line for both praise and criticism. The idea that any criticism is unfair and affects their morale is not one that I accept.
Any player, even at our level, must learn that both his club’s management and fans will, at some stage, make their feelings known, both verbally and in print. Remember the adage – “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.” If it’s praise that they want then they’ll have to up the performance level and stop drifting through games as if they were doing us a favour by turning out in the shirt.
Players “flit” from one club to another – mostly for better pay. There isn’t much loyalty from their side, so why should we mute our feelings to spare their sensitivity?
We deserve better!

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 09 Jan 2012, 14:48

Sorry jack I totally disagree with you, just because a opposition fan say we are the best footballing side in the league doesnt wash with me. This league Is awful and if we can't compete, which at the moment we are not you have to look at the management. I praise Shaun for staying with the club when he could if easily walked but he has had a pre season and half a season and although I didn't expect us to be 10 points clear at the top I thought at least we would be challenging. It seems to me that Shaun only signs players from Past clubs he had been with, I think every player has played for willenhall at some point. But as we all know football is a game of opinions and if we all thought the same it would be boring.

munchkin3
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by munchkin3 » 09 Jan 2012, 17:11

also cainsey has done his knee ligaments , wont be out for long hopefully :(

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 09 Jan 2012, 17:26

So that's where Chilly was on Saturday? Excuse my naivety but hasn't he done that before and does this mean that players are not actually contracted to us in any way and can simply go and play anywhere they like at any time? Thought being signed and included in the squad meant they actually were obliged to play for us, otherwise what's the point and no wonder there are doubts about loyalty as discussed in the 'sickie' thread.
Missing keeper Evans and the left back but less worried about McGrath, who I remain convinced will corkscrew himself into the ground if he keeps spinning round in circles on the soggy pitch!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 09 Jan 2012, 19:48

Steve Glass wrote:So that's where Chilly was on Saturday? Excuse my naivety but hasn't he done that before and does this mean that players are not actually contracted to us in any way and can simply go and play anywhere they like at any time? Thought being signed and included in the squad meant they actually were obliged to play for us, otherwise what's the point and no wonder there are doubts about loyalty as discussed in the 'sickie' thread.
Missing keeper Evans and the left back but less worried about McGrath, who I remain convinced will corkscrew himself into the ground if he keeps spinning round in circles on the soggy pitch!
it may be a coincidence but chilly was one off the players who `let us down` at cinder. (or not at cinder.)
perhaps he didnt like what the manager said/did to him and `did a teenager` and sulked off!