Many thanks, but it's time to go

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Many thanks, but it's time to go

Post by frankowba » 09 Jan 2012, 20:34

The cinder game actually co in-sided with chilly's birthday so maybe that had something to do with it.

patfrank1
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by patfrank1 » 09 Jan 2012, 20:48

birthday or not shaun needs all his players there week in week out its so easy to blame a manager at bad times one thing he needs to do is get 18 20 players who will give everything for him and the club ability is great but with no hunger to do well you might has well just watch it f players show commitment we will be fine as we have the quality defo for this league lets get behind shaun and the team.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 09 Jan 2012, 22:19

frankowba wrote:The cinder game actually co in-sided with chilly's birthday so maybe that had something to do with it.
thats different.. he should have said, we would have sung happy birthday at half time!

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 09 Jan 2012, 23:59

lutleyyeltz wrote:
jack wrote: Players will read these forums and seeing what's written probably won't be doing much to help boost their performance / morale although yes us fans pay the wages so have every right to have an opinion/pop ...

quote]
Once players accept payment, whether it is 50p, £5, £50 or £50,000 they put themselves in line for both praise and criticism. The idea that any criticism is unfair and affects their morale is not one that I accept.
Any player, even at our level, must learn that both his club’s management and fans will, at some stage, make their feelings known, both verbally and in print. Remember the adage – “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.” If it’s praise that they want then they’ll have to up the performance level and stop drifting through games as if they were doing us a favour by turning out in the shirt.
Players “flit” from one club to another – mostly for better pay. There isn’t much loyalty from their side, so why should we mute our feelings to spare their sensitivity?
We deserve better!
I do agree with you Frank, maybe i've worded this wrong my point is we've hit a low point at present just feel the management team and young lads who have remained loyal who are going through a rough patch would maybe benefit from us by making our feelings known then now giving them the chance to put it right with our 100% backing......i don't mean to imply that just criticism is unfair/unjust however don't think it needs to manifest to become a vicious circle ...as this helps nobody ..

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 10 Jan 2012, 00:16

frankowba wrote:Sorry jack I totally disagree with you, just because a opposition fan say we are the best footballing side in the league doesnt wash with me. This league Is awful and if we can't compete, which at the moment we are not you have to look at the management. I praise Shaun for staying with the club when he could if easily walked but he has had a pre season and half a season and although I didn't expect us to be 10 points clear at the top I thought at least we would be challenging. It seems to me that Shaun only signs players from Past clubs he had been with, I think every player has played for willenhall at some point. But as we all know football is a game of opinions and if we all thought the same it would be boring.
The beginning of the season after a successful pre-season i really did think we'd be there challenging for the title or at least play offs with the side Shaun had put together and we do look poor of late esp at home games so i cannot argue with any of those comments but i do really believe a couple of games avoiding defeat will turn this season around with still an awful lot of points there for the taking ...

You praise Shaun for staying with the club last season yet maybe a little loyalty wouldn't go amiss now when the chips are down for the loyal management team... ?

Now's the time for the players to stand up and be counted and give a little back to disgruntled fans ...

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 10 Jan 2012, 00:19

patfrank1 wrote:birthday or not shaun needs all his players there week in week out its so easy to blame a manager at bad times one thing he needs to do is get 18 20 players who will give everything for him and the club ability is great but with no hunger to do well you might has well just watch it f players show commitment we will be fine as we have the quality defo for this league lets get behind shaun and the team.
well said ...

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Jan 2012, 08:51

This thread has been interesting inasmuch as it has freed some people from the shackles of political correctness and given an opportunity to air their true feelings in what has been reasoned debate.
I hope that Shaun, and the players who may read the comments take on board our concerns, and make every effort to address them. If some change in attitude and effort is apparent then I'm sure that all reasonable fans will give credit where and when it is due - after all we only want to see our team do its best and, if that is not enough, then so be it.
All we want is a show of committment on the pitch and I for one, will be satisfied. Life doesn't give you everything that you might want but, if you have "given it a go" then you can be at ease with yourself for having tried.
P.S. I don't accept that a birthday is an excuse for a "no show" - if that were the norm then half of those working wouldn't turn up either!

jack
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by jack » 10 Jan 2012, 10:11

lutley cannot agree more ..

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 10 Jan 2012, 23:05

quote="jack"]Sorry totally disagree with majority of comments although can totally understand the sentiments ....

Our biggest defeats this year have been 2-0 if i remember rightly so we're hardly out of our depth? Yes, we've been poor of late especially at home ... but really feel main issue at present is due to lack of confidence that's all... Players will read these forums and seeing what's written probably won't be doing much to help boost their performance / morale although yes us fans pay the wages so have every right to have an opinion/pop

Jack read Andy's post (who i don't always see eye to eye) again. He did not say we are out of our depth, the opposition in this league are poor. Three good teams i have seen although all beatable, Hungerford, Mangotsfield and Clevedon (who were 2nd from bottom) when we lost. The others avarage to poor.

I have abstained from the forum since Saturday and am glad someone else has started what I wanted to.
I nearly (for the first time in my life) left a match early in disgust. Justin stupidly gets himself sent off and Sean takes a seat, good example to YOUR players. I did stop and saw the remaining players trying.

Sean keeps saying in Halesowen News "I will sort discipline out" no sign of improvement.
Saturday we have the Halesowen Colts as mascots with families, they see another loss, poor performance and another stupid completely avoidable red card. Good example.

Those who make the decision need to replace Sean now. He has an assistant who does the pre-match warm up whilst Sean does what?
Sean needs to admit it is not working and do the decent thing and leave.

Lost 0-2 Yate Town 240

Lost 0-1 Cinderford Town

Lost 0-1 Mangotsfield United 266 new years even crowd unusual

Won 4-1 Stourport Swifts 348 Boxing day crowd unusual

Lost 3-2 Clevedon

Won 3-1 Bridgwater Town 186

Lost 2-0 Hungerford

Drew 0-0 Poole 253

Lost 2-1 Gosport 254

Won 1-0 Bishops Cleve

Lost 2-1 Tiverton 319

Lost 3-1 Taunton

Lost 2-1 Sholing 247.

If my year end appraisal at work had these results I wonder what my career prospects would be for this year.

13 matches 39 points for grabs Lost 9 Drew 1 Won 3 points 10/39.

I asked last year should Sean go?

I now say Sean MUST GO. Waiting until next season the gates will fall even lower.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 11 Jan 2012, 07:30

I for one have complete faith in steve, Shaun and the players. We are just having a bad run at the moment and once we have a win the players will be lifted and things will move on.

Although if they are reading this, they confidence will be well low!

If any of you could do a better job I'd like to see it!!

We all knew this year was about gettig the off field stuff up and running which is happening. Next year we will fight for promotion and the supporters will soon come back. The under 18s are doing a brilliant job and some of them will be ready to move up next year which gives us a bigger option.