Restart

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Restart

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Dec 2020, 12:10

So, as it stands, our next match is away at Snots Town, with only Karen, me & Joe allowed to drive there. It's local enough for Anna and Tony to walk.

Of course, it'll all be up in the air again when we get the next Boris-o-gram on Dec 16th.

A couple of thoughts -

The word "substantial" is still rankling with me. I've moved on from thinking that it was just shit copywriting. I'm guessing that it was deliberately chosen and means that enough teams voted to stop such that it would cause a load of bother but it wasn't a majority. Especially if the "Trident Leagues" votes were all counted together, with the Cock-er-nee block vote probably being to carry on as they're all(ish) in Dollop 2.

And the game on the 19th, against the world's only team to be named after a form of mucus, is very unlikely too. Announcement on the 16th, 3 or 4 days of pithering around thinking about votes, enacting votes, counting votes, deliberating decisions etc. Then a warm up game needed, then swarms of locusts etc.

My shout is that most D3s will come down to D2 on the 16th, Boxing Day fixtures will be the restart, but they'll all be called off due to snow.

Whither the orange balls of yesteryear etc...

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Dec 2020, 12:16

Northern League are on it, as per - http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... -fixtures/

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 04 Dec 2020, 12:22

Noggin wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 11:09
I would be interested in what others think as to when (or if) the season will resume.

Based on a review on 16th December, it is possible that competitive matches will resume on Boxing Day or New Year's Day. However, if C-19 transmission behavior follows what happened in Canada after their Thanksgiving https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/1 ... s-warning/, it is very likely that where will be a big uplift in C-19 cases in mid-January which could lead to further governmental measures including another pause in football.

It is possible now that the season could be played out. if there is further delay past Christmas, I would suggest that it is like a turkey, well and truly stuffed.
The problem is that our league never plans in advance. It was obvious there could/would be a disruption, and contingency plans should have been made to cover the event. I recall many weeks ago seeing the NPL consulting their clubs about “what if” scenarios, but confess never saw any outcome. The interesting one was to split all leagues in half, then play home and away with a carry forward on PPG for games already played resulting on a 18 game mini season which could culminate in joining the two leagues back together and having normal promotion/relegation and play offs.
The big problem with that solution now will be that it would have had to be agreed in advance because you can just hear the usual bellyaching of some clubs. “My half is harder than your half” et al, which would delay it even further, probably beyond a feasible date.
Even with my usual jolly disposition 😂 I fear that If we wait for the tiers to be adjusted we will never get going again 🙄

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 04 Dec 2020, 12:34

YeltzDoc wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 12:16
Northern League are on it, as per - http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... -fixtures/
Fantastic consultation with their clubs, which puts our competitions to complete shame.
However, the worrying response there was the one about a majority of clubs not wanting to start without clubhouses. I think the chances of them going into Tier One anytime before Spring must be remote, and even then in Tier one they could be subject to lunatic local councils like Dudley making them deliver beer on the terraces, and I’m pretty sure most clubs don’t have a hero like our Karen willing to do that.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Dec 2020, 13:41

HalesowenHarry wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 20:21
YeltzDoc wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 19:23
A substantial number? A majority? Clarity man!
51.89% versus 48.11% apparently ::)
Enough to leave Europe. Sort of.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Dec 2020, 16:47

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 04 Dec 2020, 17:15

YeltzDoc wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 16:47
Another statement “at” 6pm.

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/statu ... 79556?s=21
Some right old pedants on there ;D ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Dec 2020, 18:20

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Dec 2020, 18:23

Season 2020/21 Restart - Full Statement

Following the statement issued by the Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern Football Leagues yesterday, further clarification can now be given in relation to the voting following the Zoom meetings held by all 3 Trident Leagues with their Member Clubs to discuss the impact of the raising of the lockdown on 2nd December.

There were 224 Clubs voting across the 3 Leagues and of these 172 agreed with the proposition to continue the pause in fixtures, 51 disagreed and there was 1 abstention. Broken down by League, 57 Clubs in the Northern Premier League voted to agree with 4 disagreeing, 68 Clubs in the Southern League agreed with 14 disagreeing and in the Isthmian League it was much closer with 47 Clubs agreeing, 33 disagreeing and 1 abstention.

The “Agree” vote was therefore 76% and it has been agreed that the three Leagues will not sanction fixtures at this time.

It is intended that the situation is kept under review in line with Government review on the Tier allocations and restrictions. Accordingly, the next review is set for 16 December and then 30 December. It is the hope of all the Leagues that a date in January can be set for a return to fixtures with Clubs who wish being allowed to play before that date but this will not be until there is a change in the Tiers and/or some progress in the funding of the Clubs at this level.

The Government has allocated £25m to Sport England to fund Steps 1 to 6 of the National Leagues System, of which £14m is set for Steps 3-6 but is heavily weighted in favour of loans, not grants. The FA is working tirelessly with DCMS and Sport England to have the funding presented as Grants. However, these negotiations take time, and it is not expected to have an answer or clarification of details of even the loans until mid-January.

The deep concern of all involved in the NLS is that circumstances may mean that it is not possible to conclude the current format of competition in a manner in which promotion and relegation can be achieved throughout the whole pyramid with Step 2 being brought up to 48 Clubs and Step 4 brought up to 240 Clubs.

If, therefore, no progress is made by the Government on the Tiers in either of the two December reviews, it is the intention of the Alliance Committee to circulate those concerned with a survey to gather the views of the Clubs as how best to finish the season. Options will include an alternative format competition and extending the season possibly into June 2021. However the implications of all such proposals will involve the cost of players contracts and the ability of some clubs to continue playing because of other issues of grounds and the need to prepare grass pitches for the following season.

The Leagues are mindful of the needs of all Clubs and are striving to find a solution which is fair to all.

ENDS

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 04 Dec 2020, 21:00

Just give the low life's loans. That'll stuff 'em.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0