General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Restart

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 31 Dec 2020, 09:12

Simons wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 20:54
On the subject of fundraising:

Pitching In Northern Premier League Premier Division side South Shields have announced an incredible £378,925 worth of shares.
The shares have been purchased by 1,037 supporters and investors, including Little Mix star Jade Thirlwell.

The club added: "The initial target of £250,000 of investment was quickly smashed as supporters and investors took their opportunity to buy equity in the club and become an even bigger part of our future.

"Every pound raised will remain within the club and be reinvested. The funds will all be put to good use and will bolster our ambitions to continue climbing the football pyramid as a club at the heart of its community.

"A number of perks were available as part of the campaign depending on the size of investment."

If only we could do something similar
We did. Whilst under the ownership of Mr (Mrs) Lynch 8)
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 31 Dec 2020, 15:08

We did it before the dark days of the Morrell era too, and in my opinion it was pretty successful.

Completely understand that the current owners wouldn’t want to give their ownership away - as they spent a lot of money to secure the club - but if a sensible share scheme could be figured out by someone smarter than me, I’m sure many of us would be interested in investing.

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by pantverdant2 » 01 Jan 2021, 12:13

As a supporter of Aston Vanilla(you'll never lick us!) my late father bought my sister and I, a £5 share in the sixties (around the time Tommy Docherty R I P was at the Club).In the early 2000's this rose in value to over 1K . Come the entrance of Randy Lerner,and he took the Villa off the Stock Market (when many other football clubs were being non publicly quoted companies).If the correct person were in charge of the flotation, then I see no reason why as John says that there would be willing investors.However if the sharks come circling i.e Messrs M**s*n or Lynch, the result can be devastating as in the case of the Normansell's and Lerner at the Old Lady of B6.[align=] ??? [/align]

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by pantverdant2 » 03 Jan 2021, 19:27

Poll wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 15:08
We did it before the dark days of the Morrell era too, and in my opinion it was pretty successful.

Completely understand that the current owners wouldn’t want to give their ownership away - as they spent a lot of money to secure the club - but if a sensible share scheme could be figured out by someone smarter than me, I’m sure many of us would be interested in investing.
Let us not forget the M**s*n time produced some excellent football,but split the Club ascunder,Poll.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 03 Jan 2021, 22:33

pantverdant2 wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 19:27
Poll wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 15:08

Let us not forget the M**s*n time produced some excellent football,but split the Club ascunder,Poll.
I don’t think we’ll ever forget that, but that has absolutely nothing to opening up ownership to the fans - the opposite in fact as it when was after we went to non shared ownership that the trouble occurred.

Not that I’m suggesting the current owners are anything like he who should not be named of course.

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by pantverdant2 » 04 Jan 2021, 16:33

The current trend is for fan owned clubs at our level, but once you get a money man in, as at Forest Green Rovers and previously Rushden and Diamonds (and for those of you with longer memories Colne Dynamoes) it can end in tears if they are not in it for the longhaul.Abramovich at Chelsea is an example of somebody making long term plans.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 04 Jan 2021, 21:07

*sigh* Yaxley in September it is then...

pantverdant2
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by pantverdant2 » 05 Jan 2021, 14:58

Has anybody thought of contacting Lee Sharpe ex Man Utd player,I Believe he was Hasbury Lad as was David Kelly ex Walsall legend,I knew a girl who went out with Ned yonks ago(Brad Lewis' Mom ) for those of a younger age group. ;)

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 05 Jan 2021, 19:08

fairweatherfan wrote:
04 Jan 2021, 21:07
*sigh* Yaxley in September it is then...
I would hope that the league does the sensible things like starting early (July 2021) and setting a later completion (end of May 2022) so that a 1-2 month interruption can be accommodated next season if required. Hold on a second, did I use league and sensible in the same sentence? Back to the drawing board again ::)

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 05 Jan 2021, 20:40

If we need a break next season... I just don’t want to think about it.

Don’t think that Trophy final will ever be played now though. Poor Ant Smith.