Andy Parsons

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Andy Parsons

Post by Simons » 27 Oct 2020, 21:00

Not been any official announcement, but he has left. Does anyone have any information on why?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Andy Parsons

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Oct 2020, 09:15

I'd have thought lack of game time. I have my own opinions on that, but I trust Smith knows more than me!

What a character Parsons has been. He has had a massive hand in bridging the gap between fans and players that was sorely missing in the John Hill years of signing 50 plus players a season.

He's also a very good centre half, in my book. I wish him all the best for the future. It's been a please watching him during his time with us. Both on and off the pitch.

It also now leaves us desperately short at centre half, with only McCone and Evans as suitable and genuine centre backs. I know Forsyth and Ali can do a job there, but that's out of position for both, and as I said in the last match thread, Ali is so good in midfield, it's a waste playing him at the back.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Rich
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Rich » 28 Oct 2020, 11:21

Simons wrote:
27 Oct 2020, 21:00
Not been any official announcement, but he has left. Does anyone have any information on why?
Seems a strange one this ???

Nothing on main website or clubs twitter page, just a post from the Gaffer on his Twitter site as I can see wishing him all the best.
This does leave us thin now and with recently losing both Ashmore and Sammons as well we really do seem slightly light in numbers as the recent spate of injuries have shown.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Oct 2020, 14:16

And again Im still not convinced by a back three. Parsons and McCone as our cb's in a back 4 were immense. Again though, I trust Paul Smith's judgement and he knows way more than I do.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Oct 2020, 15:06

I wonder how much recent departures have to do with budget?

The Sammonds departure occurred earlier this season, but like Parsons, my immediate thought is they have left due to lack of game time. We know that Ashmore's departure was in relation to behind the scenes antics.

But maybe there is more to it than initially appears. Keith and Karen (maybe our sponsors too?) have been amazing in backing Smith, financially, but it's not a bottomless pit. That, combined with the COVID restrictions MAY mean we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Last season we had 18-20 players of equal quality throughout, from the starting XI to the bench. However, I feel like this season we could eventually see the same quality in the starting XI, but less quality on the bench, and in the rest of the squad, due to budget restrictions. I just feel like that's where it could go, as we see the affects of the limited capacity, and other financial limitations.

Just something to consider, maybe. Maybe I'm just talking nonsense!
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 28 Oct 2020, 15:26

No its a fair point. Im not sure the cut in crowds will make a huge difference though, given some mid week games we were drawing less than 400, from memory. Covid will undoubtedly have some impact. Thank god we topped up with the Trophy Run. But hey, every club will have some effect from whats happening.

I didnt know about Ashmore, im not on social bitchiness, sorry media. But we have lost a few quality players. I think youre right first 11 will be complemented by the bench as fill ins. Thats in no way intended to diminish any of our subs, but I think we cant rely on a huge squad again.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Oct 2020, 02:04

drummyb wrote:
28 Oct 2020, 15:26
Im not sure the cut in crowds will make a huge difference though, given some mid week games we were drawing less than 400, from memory. Covid will undoubtedly have some impact.
I disagree about cut in crowds not having an impact.

Last seasons average crowd was 534. Other clubs are seeing an increase of aprrox 30% in crowds this season due to no prem and league crowds.
So say we could have had average of 694. I personally think we would have seen higher crowds based on our performances last season and this.

Increase 694 - 400 x concessions price £2,058 per game less x 19 games £39,102 difference.

Had we been rightly promoted ppg last season 600-400 x concessions price £1,400 per game less x 19 games £26,600 difference

Last season 535 -400 x concession price £945 per game less x 19 games £17,955 difference.

Add onto that the extra spend in bar and cafe the extra fans would have spent.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Oct 2020, 08:58

You could be the next Chancellor of the Exchequer with your command of financial matters! 👍

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 31 Oct 2020, 10:00

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 31 Oct 2020, 21:03

Joined Beduff from what I read, so depending on lockdown may see him again soon.