Bedford Town away Tue 3rd Nov Tickets

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedford Town away Tue 3rd Nov Tickets

Post by andy » 20 Oct 2020, 20:04

AwayDayYeltz wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 19:08

I'm not sure what the financial state of the club, but I'm guessing we don't have a bottomless money pit to make up for the reduced capacity.

I wonder what discussions, if any, have been had to raise funds. I'm not sure what can be done, if I'm honest. But maybe folks who are more creative than myself could come up with some ideas.
You could drink more beer.πŸ€”
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

El Seano
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by El Seano » 20 Oct 2020, 20:31

valenciayeltz wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 17:34
20 Oct 2020, 16:35
wednesburystokie wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 16:13
Good afternoon ladies and gents,

They are indeed sold out, I'm currently in the process of emailing all the flexi season ticket holders (well the ones I have email addresses for) to see if there is any spare capacity, once I have the answers I'll update the website and social media accordingly
Have you thought about streaming via Yeltz TV PPV, with a charge of Β£14.95 for the privilege?
I'm guessing from the price quoted on this, that it's a fairly tongue in cheek comment. However, (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this along with other far flung Yeltz fans) on a more serious note, how much would it cost the club to stream and are there too many legal/broadcasting rights minefields to negotiate?

Having watched the pre-season broadcast of the Barwell match, I would happily chip in for a broadcast of that quality on a pretty regular basis..
As an even further-flung fan than yourself ;-) I asked about this option after watching the friendlies - unfortunaltely not possible due to rights/legal issues.

Also, while personally it would be great and I would pay, while fans are allowed into the ground, even if it is capped, I'm not sure its the right thing to do anyway. It could potentially reduce the attendance in the ground, especially on a cold Tuesday night in January.

valenciayeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by valenciayeltz » 20 Oct 2020, 20:42

El Seano wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 20:31
valenciayeltz wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 17:34
20 Oct 2020, 16:35

Have you thought about streaming via Yeltz TV PPV, with a charge of Β£14.95 for the privilege?
I'm guessing from the price quoted on this, that it's a fairly tongue in cheek comment. However, (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this along with other far flung Yeltz fans) on a more serious note, how much would it cost the club to stream and are there too many legal/broadcasting rights minefields to negotiate?

Having watched the pre-season broadcast of the Barwell match, I would happily chip in for a broadcast of that quality on a pretty regular basis..
As an even further-flung fan than yourself ;-) I asked about this option after watching the friendlies - unfortunaltely not possible due to rights/legal issues.

Also, while personally it would be great and I would pay, while fans are allowed into the ground, even if it is capped, I'm not sure its the right thing to do anyway. It could potentially reduce the attendance in the ground, especially on a cold Tuesday night in January.
Could we not Geoblock it, so that it's only available to IP addresses outside the UK..? (or outside B63..)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 20 Oct 2020, 20:52

Andy - I'm waiting for them to get the stunning Yeltz Ale back on draught!

El Seano - I'm genuinely surprised that there would be legal issues about showing a stream at our level.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Oct 2020, 21:03

20 Oct 2020, 20:52

El Seano - I'm genuinely surprised that there would be legal issues about showing a stream at our level.
Doesn't it require a whole host of gizmos and expensive electrical nuts, bolts and sprockets to achieve it though?
(Westy - I'm well up on these sort of thingsπŸ‘)

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 21 Oct 2020, 08:47

El Seano wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 20:31
Agreed with what Sean says, but if we:
1. Charged the same amount for the stream as a ticket
2. Only showed the stream when the game was sold out

... then any extra money we made wouldn't affect any gate receipts.

However, if we can't do it because of legal issues, then whatever brilliant scheme I come up with ain't gonna happen :(

Cornwall yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Cornwall yeltz » 21 Oct 2020, 16:08

I remember watching a game we played at Kettering a few seasons ago that was live streamed by them.. Would be great if it could be done somehow..

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 22 Oct 2020, 08:17

Yeltz Ale is back.

FA Trophy rules were it could be streamed but geo block to UK only. Both clubs share proceeds.

Yeltz TV has explored various options. It is harder financially to make it ppv and make money the way platforms charge the streamer. They don't just charge you a % of each ppv paid for but substantial lump sums too.

I can't see with the local restrictions the Government are bringing in regarding tiers that they would increase the levels of fans allowed in for the foreseeable future.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 22 Oct 2020, 09:09

andy wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 21:03

Doesn't it require a whole host of gizmos and expensive electrical nuts, bolts and sprockets to achieve it though?
I think you and I need to form a Steering Committee on this , Brother A. ::)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Oct 2020, 10:39

Westyeltz wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2020, 09:09
andy wrote: ↑
20 Oct 2020, 21:03

I think you and I need to form a Steering Committee on this , Brother A. ::)
I dread to think what ideas we'll come up with.πŸ˜‚