Corby

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Corby

Post by HalesowenHarry » 06 Oct 2020, 13:54

If they give us the minimum (which people seem to be basing on the 15% in cup games) of 60 I guess that's fair game. They averaged 400+ last season, so you'd hope they'd look after themselves first before away fans (no matter how much we don't like them!).

Let's hope that by the return game (in March) things may have changed, I'm sure Karen would like a 1,000+ gate to see us win the league that day ;)

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 06 Oct 2020, 14:05

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 13:47
HalesowenHarry wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 13:45
Anyone seen anywhere that they've given us none at all?
No, but as far as I can tell, they're deliberately limiting our ticketing options, as they know that given a fair allocation we'd sell out.

I really hope this is noted by Karen, and she does all she can to prevent Corby fans from turning up at the Grove in the reverse league fixture.

If I'm wrong, then apologies to Corby, but I'd bet a lot of money that what they're doing is a deliberate ploy to limit our support.
In fairness to them, away support being as it is in this league you can see why they might not reach out regarding away followings, especially if they don’t have an online ticketing system set up (though much like card payments, in 2020 I am forced to ask why you wouldn’t?)

That said, there were at least 200 of us last year and it’s pretty well know we travel well, so a gesture of offering even 40-50 physical tickets for us to sell surely wouldn’t have been too hard.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 06 Oct 2020, 14:19

fairweatherfan wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 14:05
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
HalesowenHarry wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 13:45
Anyone seen anywhere that they've given us none at all?
No, but as far as I can tell, they're deliberately limiting our ticketing options, as they know that given a fair allocation we'd sell out.

I really hope this is noted by Karen, and she does all she can to prevent Corby fans from turning up at the Grove in the reverse league fixture.

If I'm wrong, then apologies to Corby, but I'd bet a lot of money that what they're doing is a deliberate ploy to limit our support.
In fairness to them, away support being as it is in this league you can see why they might not reach out regarding away followings, especially if they don’t have an online ticketing system set up (though much like card payments, in 2020 I am forced to ask why you wouldn’t?)

That said, there were at least 200 of us last year and it’s pretty well know we travel well, so a gesture of offering even 40-50 physical tickets for us to sell surely wouldn’t have been too hard.
Like has been said earlier in the thread, it shows how classy we have been throughout. We could easily carry on selling tickets in person, making it difficult for away fans to attend, but we haven't. The club deserve huge credit for that.

Although I'm sure (and rightly so) that moving to online sales, was maybe done selfishly (wrong word, perhaps), as it takes a lot of commitment from the likes of JC, and Dave Hawley, amongst others, to be there in person to sell and distribute tickets.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 07 Oct 2020, 09:35

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 14:19
fairweatherfan wrote:
AwayDayYeltz wrote:

Like has been said earlier in the thread, it shows how classy we have been throughout. We could easily carry on selling tickets in person, making it difficult for away fans to attend, but we haven't. The club deserve huge credit for that.

Although I'm sure (and rightly so) that moving to online sales, was maybe done selfishly (wrong word, perhaps), as it takes a lot of commitment from the likes of JC, and Dave Hawley, amongst others, to be there in person to sell and distribute tickets.
Dave Hawley has to take the credit regarding all the ticket sales. I occasionally turn up to feed him (Royal Chip Shop) and have a coffee.

I would point out that we agreed with Corby regarding an allocation for home fans for this Saturday's match. We have not put on general sale as we have tried our best to ensure those who go to away games regular have been able to get a ticket. I apologise if anyone consider themselves a regular but has failed to obtain one.

It is about ALL clubs working together to try and do their best in these unprecedented times.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 07 Oct 2020, 09:45

Dave Hawley has to take the credit regarding all the ticket sales. I occasionally turn up to feed him (Royal Chip Shop) and have a coffee.

I would point out that we agreed with Corby regarding an allocation for home fans for this Saturday's match. We have not put on general sale as we have tried our best to ensure those who go to away games regular have been able to get a ticket. I apologise if anyone consider themselves a regular but has failed to obtain one.

It is about ALL clubs working together to try and do their best in these unprecedented times.
Yet again our club has been seen to be doing things the right way. I shudder to think what a shambles regimes seem over the past few years would have made of current restrictions.
I just hope that Corby don't expect use to ritually consume one of their dreadful scotch pies as a mark of gratitude for being allowed to attend

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Oct 2020, 10:08

JohnC wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 09:35
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 14:19
fairweatherfan wrote:

My apologies to Corby, then. I still can't stand them.

The club have got this spot on, again. There is no easy way to allocate a small amount of tickets. There will always be someone who loses out, unfortunately.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 07 Oct 2020, 21:49

Tin pot outfit. They only had 399 tonight :D

Did win 4-0 though against the formative league leaders from 'Uff

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 08 Oct 2020, 19:03

From the Corby website:

“We can confirm that we have a limited number of tickets for this Saturdays league clash with Halesowen Town. This will be first come first served until we reach our capacity of 400. Turnstiles will open at 12pm.

This Saturday we will also be selling tickets at the ground for the FA Trophy clash with Halesowen Town on Saturday 17th October.

Tickets are priced at:
£10 Adults
£6 Concessions
£2 Juveniles”

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Oct 2020, 20:47

How have they not sold that out? Very strange.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 09 Oct 2020, 07:16

fairweatherfan wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 19:03
From the Corby website:

“We can confirm that we have a limited number of tickets for this Saturdays league clash with Halesowen Town. This will be first come first served until we reach our capacity of 400. Turnstiles will open at 12pm.

This Saturday we will also be selling tickets at the ground for the FA Trophy clash with Halesowen Town on Saturday 17th October.

Tickets are priced at:
£10 Adults
£6 Concessions
£2 Juveniles”
So what does that mean then? You can only buy tickets for the Trophy game from the ground on Saturday? I’m not going tomorrow but was hoping to go next week if could get tickets.