Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round Draw

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2020, 16:05

Don't bother. It was Vince.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 07 Oct 2020, 17:07

Vince is still remembered on a slate tablet on the top of a Welsh mountain .. he had a strange sense of humour and would endlessly repeat his ‘gems’ ....one of which was to me.....For years he would say every time he saw me “better Slater than never” ... so one day when Ron Moseley and the late Phil Lloyd’s climbed a mountain they couldn’t resist scratching the phrase on said slate tablet.....fast forward 15 years and we found the inscription still plainly visible 😂

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Oct 2020, 21:10

Oh yes. “Is there a doctor in the house” Every. Time. I. Saw. Him.

Actually bettered by Dot, who went to school with my mom and would stop and chat if she saw her in town.
I’d snuck up to watch a match when I should have been somewhere else studying or working, and I conspiratorially asked Dot if she’d mind not mentioning my presence should they meet.

So, for the next twenty years, I was greeted each week with a full blooded chant of, “Does your mother know you’re here?”

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2020, 21:19

YeltzDoc wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 21:10
Oh yes. “Is there a doctor in the house” Every. Time. I. Saw. Him.

Actually bettered by Dot, who went to school with my mom and would stop and chat if she saw her in town.
I’d snuck up to watch a match when I should have been somewhere else studying or working, and I conspiratorially asked Dot if she’d mind not mentioning my presence should they meet.

So, for the next twenty years, I was greeted each week with a full blooded chant of, “Does your mother know you’re here?”
Brilliant!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0