FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round Draw

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round Draw

Post by drummyb » 05 Oct 2020, 14:33

Well this turned into A Brilliant Mind real quick....There capacity is set at 400 as well.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Oct 2020, 14:37

I don’t think the minds are that brilliant, mine especially.

Of course, El Seano is correct. I should never have doubted him.

Naturally, though, like Boris, I merely mis-spoke and meant to say that the chances of the identical outcome each time would be 128 to 1.....

Now, to drive to Barnard Castle to check the maths...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 05 Oct 2020, 14:49

YeltzDoc wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 14:37

Naturally, though, like Boris, I merely mis-spoke and meant to say that the chances of the identical outcome each time would be 128 to 1.....

....and me!! You only apologised to 1 in 2.😁
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 05 Oct 2020, 15:14

andy wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 14:49

....and me!! You only apologised to 1 in 2.😁
That’s 100%, right?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Oct 2020, 13:58

YeltzDoc wrote:
05 Oct 2020, 14:37

.....and even if that was right it would still be wrong.😂
It would be 1 in 128 probability BUT 127 to 1 chance.
So to sum up.
It's 1 in 256 probability of 8 away draws
It's 255 to 1 chance of 8 away draws
I think......🙄

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 07 Oct 2020, 13:36

The last and only time the Yeltz played at Histon’s Bridge Road stadium was in August, 2004 and we were defeated 3-1 in a season that Histon became champions of the Southern Premier League at their first attempt. The last time the Yeltz played Cambridge City was in the unhappy times of April, 2011 in a season that we finished bottom of the Southern Premier League.

Current Cambridge City manager Robbie Nightingale played against us in both those games and current Cambridge coach Dave Theobold also played in the 2011 game.

Southern Premier League – Saturday, 21st August, 2004
Histon 3 Halesowen Town 1

Histon: Barber; Haniver, Farrington, Hipperson, Vowden, A. Cambridge, Nightingale, Andrews, Kennedy, I. Cambridge, Barker. Subs: Munns, Abbs, Goddard, Beck, Coburn.
Halesowen Town: Sheils; Cooper, Haywood (Burgess 72), Preston, Pope, Charlton, Cowley, Moore, Haarhoff, Baker (Skidmore 23), Steane (Forsdick 65). Unused Subs: Jones, Strachan.
Attendance: 371

Halesowen tasted defeat for the first time this season and were second-best for much of the afternoon against the strong runners-up from last season’s Eastern Division, writes DJ.

Lively Histon boast an impressive recent record with several players and the management team showing evidence of past links to neighbours Cambridge City.

Haniver missed an early open goal after just 30 seconds for the hosts and on 14 minutes Ian Cambridge’s shot struck a visiting defender. Jimmy Haarhoff then saw his shot parried onto the Histon post by goalkeeper Paul Barber. The home side took the lead on 31 minutes when Halesowen’s defence fail to clear as Neil Kennedy cushioned a header for Neil ANDREWS to smash home low-down past Mark Sheils. Just before the break, Jason Moore headed a good chance into the side-netting.

In one-way traffic, IAN CAMBRIDGE increased the lead by racing free on 61 minutes and he cut into the box beating Steve Pope to place the ball skilfully past Sheils. Asa CHARLTON reduced the deficit by curling home directly from a 71st minute free-kick.

Despite some late Yeltz pressure Histon deservedly added a third in injury time through KENNEDY who was set up by Peter Munns.

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 2nd April 2011
Cambridge City 7 Halesowen Town 1

Cambridge City: Zac Barrett; Liam Nicell, James Krause, Dave Theobald (Craig Hughes 60), Lee Chaffey, Adrian Cambridge (c) (John Kennedy 60), Tony Burke, Robbie Nightingale, Craig Hammond (David Kolodynski 60), Neil Midgley, Joey Abbs. Unused Subs: Luke Robins, Jordan Lambert.

Halesowen Town: Louis Connor; Luke Adams, Adam Robinson, Chris Godwin, Josh Skidmore (Emmanuel Ibhadon 75), Gareth Davies, Rory Curtis, Keenan Meakin-Richards, Jem Mills, Mark Smith (c), Andre Hinds (Adam Jarrett 9 (Andrew Westwood 75)). Unused Sub: Simon Flower.

Halesowen were taught another harsh lesson with Craig Hammond’s first-half hat-trick keeping Cambridge’s championship chase on course in the University City, writes DJ.

Mark Smith was named as captain after the departure of Michael McGrath but Halesowen’s afternoon got off to a bad start when Andre Hinds soon limped out of the game after his 9th minute shot drifted wide in his first game back from injury.

Goalkeeper Louis Connor made a nervy start but punched clear in the 14th minute after Joey Abbs and Neil Midgley combined well. The Lilywhites took the lead in the 17th minute when Connor’s good intentions in stretching to save a corner only gifted the ball for Robbie Nightingale to cross from the left for HAMMOND to head into an empty net. Nightingale’s 19th minute weak effort was then collected by Connor and the visiting goalkeeper parried away another Nightingale shot three minutes later.

Cambridge doubled their lead when HAMMOND easily converted a 24th minute penalty after Neil Midgley was bundled over by Halesowen full-back Adam Robinson.

The visitors eventually settled with a cross from Rory Curtis just evading Jem Mills and Gareth Davies was blocked in front of goal after half an hour. Skipper Smith then nodded just wide a minute later.

The Yeltz were given hope when MILLS pulled a goal back when he turned and advanced down the centre before thumping home a superb 20-yard drive beyond goalkeeper Zac Barrett in the 42nd minute. But Hammond’s hat-trick was completed seconds before the interval and restored the two-goal margin when a corner from Abbs was headed on by Lee Chaffey and HAMMOND reacted quickly to head into the roof of the net from close range.

At the start of the second period Barrett saved a back-flick from Josh Skidmore after Smith headed on. But comfortable Cambridge added a further four second-half goals to improve their goal difference and push ailing Halesowen’s goals-against tally perilously close to the 100-mark.

HAMMOND flicked home his fourth goal of the game from close range after meeting James Krause’s 48th minute cross. ABBS then made it 5-1 with a fine curling shot from the edge of the penalty area in the 56th minute and substitute David KOLODYNSKI hit a sixth in the 66th minute by latching onto a long ball and calmly slotting past Connor. Kolodynski then struck well wide in the 79th minute after the ball was played in by fellow substitute John Kennedy and Koldynski drove just wide of the post again a minute later.

ABBS completed the 7-1 thrashing in the 87th minute by shrugging off several challenges in the penalty area to tuck the ball beyond Connor. In the final minute, Mills drove a 25-yard free-kick just wide for Halesowen.

Referee: J. Hillier (New Barnet) Attendance: 345
Booked: Meakin-Richards (27), Nicell (68)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Oct 2020, 14:00

Horrible.

We used to go often to Milton Road - Jason Owen badly kyboshed one of our committee with a clearance one year I remember. You also used to be able to walk into the ground from the bar without the unnecessary hinderance of paying...

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Oct 2020, 14:13

It looks like their old ground, which was on a sort of technology park, is now, in part at least, a sports centre.

That gives the unique chance to stand on the field and say,

"Eeee, I remember when this were all venture capital seed-funded start-ups based on t'intellectual property coming out of t'University..."

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2020, 15:57

YeltzDoc wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 14:00
Horrible.

We used to go often to Milton Road - Jason Owen badly kyboshed one of our committee with a clearance one year I remember. You also used to be able to walk into the ground from the bar without the unnecessary hinderance of paying...
Yep. ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Oct 2020, 16:04

I've forgotten the lorry drivers name. He used to love going there because he could park his on a real lorry park. ::)