FA competitions

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: FA competitions

Post by Noggin » 06 Aug 2020, 13:20

andy wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 13:16
It's nothing but another FA farce. They can finish the FACup, play Play Offs and pretty much any other league they WANT to finish, but they can't manage THREE games for non League clubs! In one way I hope it isn't finished with a crowd at Wembley, I won't have to give them any of my cash then. Why can't they actually announce a decision though? Or are we simply not worthy of one.....
That because the only competition the FA care about is the Premiership. In my opinion, the only reason that the Football League was played to a conclusion was because it impacted the Premiership via promotion.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Aug 2020, 13:21

We're deep into Speculation-ville here though. If you announce a raffle with a £100 prize and only sell one ticket, you have to give him £100.

I suspect the phrase "Force Majeure" may feature in all of our futures.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Aug 2020, 13:23

Were any of the Vase semi finalists robbed of promotion as well, or are we the only club that's been stuffed twice by all of this?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Aug 2020, 19:40

I hasten to add a rider that this was as it stood 9 years ago but ...the FA at that stage had NEVER broken close to even with playing Vase and Trophy at Wembley. This was the driver to making both finals on the same day. Part of Wembley’s licence is that they have to have a minimum police presence, regardless of what event is taking place, and that along with stadia costs means that a minimum day hire was back then about £150k.
I’m also pretty sure (can’t confirm this one though) but I was told that they pick up all the costs of the day themselves, and that the competing clubs keep ticket money from their own sales and get a share of any direct Wembley sales to non participants.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Aug 2020, 19:58

andy wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 13:23
Were any of the Vase semi finalists robbed of promotion as well, or are we the only club that's been stuffed twice by all of this?
Bitton - Nah

Consett - Nah

Corinthian - Maybe

Hebburn Town - Nah

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Aug 2020, 21:32

The FA don’t want to finish the competition for sporting integrity or anything like that, it’s more because non-league finals day is a nice little earner and gives the sponsors the coverage they paid for. I’ve said all along that they can’t play these games without fans, but I suspect a Wembley final with a crowd is many months away, and now I must admit it’ll probably be behind closed doors or nothing. Not wishing to compound the doom-and-gloom of this post but I also do think it’s looking unlikely there’ll be crowds allowed back for league matches next month as hoped.