FA Trophy resumption?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: FA Trophy resumption?

Post by wednesburystokie » 04 Sep 2020, 21:29

Good evening everyone, for those who don't do Facebook or Twitter here is the link to watch the game it's pay per view via Concord at £5.99

https://www.altvision.co.uk/

#UpTheYeltz

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 04 Sep 2020, 21:55

I’ve been trying and failing to find any odds for the game tomorrow.

Anyone found some anywhere?

Not that I’m going to have a bet, but I’m very interested in who the bookies think are favourites

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 04 Sep 2020, 22:24

I think im too nervous to watch it. If we'd carried on last year no problem, but time has made me worry more, despite it not defining either season. Just hope the players get through for their sakes and the clubs, after all the effort they made last year. Be brilliant for them.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Sep 2020, 08:45

One side of me is nervous. The other is quite calm.

This squad has outperformed beyond anything we could have expected. I couldn’t believe it when we beat Gateshead - even that was an incredible achievement. Who could have known what was still to come?

So I’ve had about ten seasons’ worth of good memories in the last twelve months and it was never certain that this game would be played, so whatever will be, will be :)

Plus the team look in tip top shape. I know they’ve all kept fit and ready, and the gaffer will have got every minor detail prepared, so there’s not much more we could have done.

Right, I’m back off to chew my fingernails.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 05 Sep 2020, 09:29

Well said Tim.

In terms of the other games Halifax I wasn’t nervous just excited as I and a good many other people never expected us to win there. Barnet I was more nervous that the game wasn’t gonna go ahead at all!

Now we are so close, I think the nerves comes from the fact we have so much belief in this team and the management. After beating those teams, I feel on our day we can beat anyone.

So proud of what this team has achieved so far though but another chance to go and make even more history today!! Come on you Yeltz, let’s do this!

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by 410viawednesbury » 05 Sep 2020, 10:19

I've searched the usual suspects, as regards early betting, to no avail. As time gets nearer to kick off there may be some markets opening up, as regards a match winner. For Halesowen to win the competition, outright, the best odds are, currently 11/2!

SpongeDad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SpongeDad » 05 Sep 2020, 10:54

Are concord 1 or 2 steps above us? I always thought one but saw someone comment today they are two leagues higher

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 05 Sep 2020, 10:58

They were near the bottom of NL South when the plug was pulled, so two. I was pretty confident, but that Southend result (knowing no context) leaves me a bit concerned. I wonder how much scouting was done in March, given they’ll have watched us (and all our trialists) but we’ve not watched them.

Magnus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Magnus » 05 Sep 2020, 11:10

Knowing our vastly improved top people and their organisation I wouldn't bet on not having them watched before now.

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 05 Sep 2020, 11:20

Nothing would please me more than if we’d Bielsaed it...