Richard Gregory

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Richard Gregory

Post by piearce9 » 25 Jun 2020, 08:32

I'm sure most on here will have seen via other platforms that we've managed to bring in Richard Gregory from Bromsgrove.

Seems to me like a huge signing for the club. To be prizing away big, influential players from the league above goes to show how much the profile of the club has changed in the last year.

I'm told Gregory plays more of a target-man, with a great touch but lacking a little in the pace department, so you'd hope he'll combine well with Simi, Yatesy, Molly, and the other new unknown, Dan Westwood. That's an incredibly strong forward line and I'd be surprised if we decide to bring in any more strikers now.

Piggott and Gibson are both big losses but, if we bring in quality like this to fill out the squad, then we'll likely start the new season with a stronger set of players than we finished the last one with. All incredibly promising. Can't wait to get going again.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Richard Gregory

Post by old git » 25 Jun 2020, 11:38

piearce9 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 08:32
I'm sure most on here will have seen via other platforms that we've managed to bring in Richard Gregory from Bromsgrove.

Seems to me like a huge signing for the club. To be prizing away big, influential players from the league above goes to show how much the profile of the club has changed in the last year.

I'm told Gregory plays more of a target-man, with a great touch but lacking a little in the pace department, so you'd hope he'll combine well with Simi, Yatesy, Molly, and the other new unknown, Dan Westwood. That's an incredibly strong forward line and I'd be surprised if we decide to bring in any more strikers now.

Piggott and Gibson are both big losses but, if we bring in quality like this to fill out the squad, then we'll likely start the new season with a stronger set of players than we finished the last one with. All incredibly promising. Can't wait to get going again.
Certainly we will start with a much stronger forward line ... awesome may be a better description. IMHO Montel after Christmas was a different player. He looked like a player who was waiting to depart for better things, and the rumour was that he had a pre-contract deal signed up. I really hope that was the case and not some sleazy agent putting stars in his eyes. He was too much of a nice lad for that.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Jun 2020, 13:24

Sounds brilliant! Now we've got the goals sorted for next season it's just a little matter of that coronavirus....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 25 Jun 2020, 13:57

old git wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 11:38

Montel after Christmas was a different player. He looked like a player who was waiting to depart for better things, and the rumour was that he had a pre-contract deal signed up. I really hope that was the case and not some sleazy agent putting stars in his eyes. He was too much of a nice lad for that.
interesting as he's under 23 so that would mean a development fee.................. heard of Bosman anyone ::)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Jun 2020, 11:59

Untitled.jpg
I don't know if I'm reading too much into Brendan's "cannot turn down" comment. Are we paying well over what Bumsgrove can offer? A nod to their fan that they lost him because he's chased the cash and we've offered silly money? Sour grapes?

Either way, I suspect that we've a healthy budget due to last years successes and K&K's continued input, and I trust Paul Smith to spend it wisely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.