New season ?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: New season ?

Post by Noggin » 17 Aug 2020, 18:54

More concrete proposals from the Southern League https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 0FKwMo4zA . In my opinion the scenarios also need to state the leagues proposals for what happens if the league is unable to be completed and have these in place before play starts - whilst I understand the focus on restarting the potential for some or all clubs not being able to complete fixtures because of local or wider lockdown needs to be considered

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Aug 2020, 20:10

Although I still hate their guts after last season, this is at least a clear plan from the league of how this season will commence. I guess there are also contingencies for what happens if the season gets halted again (*cough* PPG *cough*).

I’m feeling confident that fans will be back in for the 19th Sept though. I’m guessing there may be limits on attendances, as nobody wants scenes of 3000 people crammed together and for non-league to become the next Bournemouth beach.

In completely unrelated news ( ;) ), I bought my season ticket today.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Aug 2020, 20:23

Also - just wanted to say this as well.....

The Grove is looking AH. MAY. ZING. (darling).

Went down on the weekend and it looks so fresh. The dugouts are quality, the pitch is immaculate, and everywhere has had a fresh coat of paint. We’ve even had new goal nets.

Looking back at photos from a few years back, the difference is immeasurable. This is just a top class set-up from top to bottom and it’s going to be great to get back.

So can I just say thank you to all the volunteers who’ve helped to do this work. Absolutely brilliant. The golden haze has never been so bright.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Aug 2020, 12:59

Like the previous posters I am not as fussed as to how and when it starts, but to how it finishes! Clarity on PPG needed!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Aug 2020, 15:11