General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New season ?

Post by andy » 26 Jul 2020, 12:55

lutleyyeltz wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 08:29
My thoughts also, Andy.
Life has to go on. Mine and Mick's bought!
;D ;D ;D Look forward to seeing you again!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Jul 2020, 13:21

Likewise! 👍

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 26 Jul 2020, 16:54

All clubs are starting on a massive backfoot having had to pay players and overheads throughout lockdown, with no income from the lost games and now no income from per season friendlies. So it is great to read of the massive uptake in season tickets. But just to prove human nature is ‘varied’ some people are disappointingly demanding refunds for the cancelled games .... economics is obviously not their strong point :-\

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Jul 2020, 17:42

I really don't care about matches that I was unable to attend through nobody's fault - other than the bloody virus.
I'm just glad that we've still got a club and I'm still here to hopefully watch games again!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Jul 2020, 20:14

old git wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 16:54
All clubs are starting on a massive backfoot having had to pay players and overheads throughout lockdown
I was wondering about this. Do players get paid their normal wages through preseason? Will be hard for clubs to have to pay players throughout this time without any revenue at all from friendly games (or any revenue at all from the last few months).

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Jul 2020, 21:45

I'm surprised, though pleased to not have seen a rash of clubs folding. Many who may have already been living just week to week may yet succumb to this I fear. In past years it may have done for us also. We are so, so fortunate to have the owners we have now. I agree John, it is a tad 'picky' of people wanting money back for cancelled games when others have given so much of their money and time to saving our club from ruin. Few of us can afford to just give cash away but in circumstances such as this surely just being deprived of a few games is no major hardship.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 27 Jul 2020, 09:53

I think that asking for refunds of unused season tickets matches is a little bit of knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I too, am pleasantly surprised at the few clubs that have done under, but it is probably too early to think that all clubs will survive this. I have doubt in that if we had not have had financial investment over the last two years and the on-field success of last year, our club would have suffered a lot more than it has done.

Personally, l am still sceptical of the season both starting and finishing in anything remotely resembling normality, but decided to buy a season ticket regardless because the club needs the cash flow and I would encourage others to do so as well.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Jul 2020, 14:11

Noggin wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 09:53

Personally, l am still sceptical of the season both starting and finishing in anything remotely resembling normality, but decided to buy a season ticket regardless because the club needs the cash flow and I would encourage others to do so as well.

I can't see anything, anywhere being normal anymore. That said, as long as people act sensibly and correct measures are put in place, then maybe events such as spectator sport can continue to a degree until/if a vaccine is ever found. A lot of things will go wrong along the way and we may end up in the same mess again next season, but then again we may not. So for everybody's sanity it's good to give it a go. I was of the mind to not go anywhere ever until this was all over, but who knows when that might be?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Jul 2020, 18:32

As a lot of our current squad are on contract, would they have been furloughed? I wonder how much government help we (and others) will have had throughout all this.

I'm hoping we've had some, and judging by the lack of clubs going under, I assume some assistance would have been had, government or benefactor digging deep.

I would be very surprised if the FA, the Southern League and any other footballing governing bodies have helped out. Bunch of tossers.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 27 Jul 2020, 21:53

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:32
As a lot of our current squad are on contract, would they have been furloughed? I wonder how much government help we (and others) will have had throughout all this.

I'm hoping we've had some, and judging by the lack of clubs going under, I assume some assistance would have been had, government or benefactor digging deep.

I would be very surprised if the FA, the Southern League and any other footballing governing bodies have helped out. Bunch of tossers.
I’m guessing that our contract players were second jobs, so furlough payments wouldn’t have applied. Also I’m sure that knowing Keith and Karen they wouldn’t have just cut off non contract players at the point of lockdown