New season ?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New season ?

Post by andy » 28 Jul 2020, 10:31

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:32

I'm hoping we've had some, and judging by the lack of clubs going under, I assume some assistance would have been had, government or benefactor digging deep.

Maybe the premier League clubs have chipped in to help out the smaller clubs....😂😂😂
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fairweatherfan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fairweatherfan » 28 Jul 2020, 13:41

Minor point on season ticket prices. It works out cheaper to buy two flexis and then pay for the final odd game than buy a full one. While I appreciate doing the club out of £20 isn’t really something to be aspiring to, I’m not convinced this is the wisest pricing structure!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Jul 2020, 13:36

BBC News - Coronavirus: Boris Johnson says fans not allowed at sports pilot events as planned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53610375
That's buggered the start of the season, in my opinion.
Will my already purchased season ticket be valid in 2025 - if I'm still around?
Ain't life fun?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Aug 2020, 10:55

YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Jul 2020, 15:42
YeltzDoc wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 14:52
Is the phrase, “National League System” a new thing?
Does it mean the non-league pyramid?

Anyhoo, in a sub-document, it gives us a starting date of Sep 19.

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL
The FA strongly recommend a phased return to competitive football, with no fixtures taking place before the end of July. During this time competitive training can occur, with groups limited to 30 people including coaches. Competitive matches, including pre-season friendlies, can begin from Saturday, August 1st.
The FA and the Leagues are aiming for a September start
of competitive matches in the NLS; however, this is subject to change in accordance with Government guidance and approval for paying spectators, which may be published from time to time. NLS (or relevant FA Competition) fixtures are proposed to commence on:
• Step 1 & 2: No earlier than Saturday, 5th September 2020
Steps 3 & 4: Saturday, 19th September 2020
• Steps 5 & 6: From Saturday 5th September 2020
Clubs must complete their Action Plans for all aspects of this document as soon as possible to ensure that Leagues are able to start against these timetables.
19th was the last that we heard.
It may well be later.

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/statu ... 46081?s=21

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 11 Aug 2020, 13:58

I still can't get my head around why we're allowed people down the JG Bar on a Saturday, but we can't for a football match.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 11 Aug 2020, 20:35

None of it makes any sense. Saturday is going to have the bizarre situation where 15 minutes after the match finishes the Lounge will be open, and people can in theory sit outside, whereas an hour earlier they can't

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Aug 2020, 08:39

I have just sent the below email to the F. A. I know full well it won't get a response, and it won't make one bit of difference, but I needed to vent my anger at someone.
Good morning Lawrence

Today is Halesowen Town's first home match of the pre-season. Our first match at the Grove for over 5 months. Today, I should be like a child at Christmas - filled with joy and excitement.

However, due to the current (and admittedly difficult situation), I am not permitted to attend the match, and support the club (financially and vocally), due to yourselves not permitting non-league clubs to allow supporters to attend games.

As I previously stated, this is a difficult situation, and I don't envy those responsible for making some tough decisions. However, non-league clubs simply cannot sustain their existence in the current climate. Something needs to give. That something is the permission, from the FA, to allow supporters to attend games, as long as football clubs show and can adhere to safe social distancing guidelines.

Today, I am faced with a farcical situation. I can not attend the Grove (home of Halesowen Town FC) to watch 90 minutes of football. But, as soon as the final whistle blows, the Grove will open its bar to the public, and I can attend the Grove and have a drink with fellow supporters. I'm sure you can agree that this is, frankly, a ludicrous situation.

The Grove, has a capacity of 3,000. We average around a 500 league attendance. It is clear that the club can provide a safe social distanced match day experience that complies with all government social distancing guidelines. So, why will you not let fans in?

The FA's decision (or lack of), has already seen the demise of a number of clubs, clubs that have been forced to resign from their respective leagues. Please, do not let this be the beginning of a trend.

Your current stance is killing clubs, financially. As I am sure you are aware, clubs at non-league level need fans to attend games, in order to provide an income to sustain their existence. The current situation is starving clubs of that income, and they simply can not survive much longer without, sadly, liquidating.

Non-league clubs are the hub and the heart of their local community, communities that they have served for well over 100 years. However, without your intervention, many will cease to exist. If this is the fate of Halesowen Town, I will be truly devastated, along with many hundreds of others.

The current situation needs rectifying as soon as possible, to ensure that grassroots football in this country survives this difficult period. The power is in your hands, please help our clubs. Clubs that many people, all over the country, love.

I hope you make the correct decision.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Aug 2020, 10:49

Brilliant Josh. Don't hold your breath for a reply though, I'm still waiting for mine regarding the cancellation of last season!
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

fodders
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by fodders » 16 Aug 2020, 14:34

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Aug 2020, 16:01