....and worse still?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

....and worse still?

Post by andy » 24 May 2020, 22:00

Reading today that the FA may be considering starting next year's FA Cup from the 4th qualifying round. All teams below the National North and South would therefore not take part. 500 teams that could do with the revenue and the chance of a bit of limelight after tough times would be denied it. I appreciate a lot of water had got to pass under the bridge between now and then, and we really don't know the position of anything let alone football, but to even moot the idea of another kick in the teeth for lower league football is nothing short of disgraceful.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

410viawednesbury
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: ....and worse still?

Post by 410viawednesbury » 24 May 2020, 22:16

And once again NO integrity shown from the FA towards the lower league's. It's as if the lower do not exist!

Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: ....and worse still?

Post by Noggin » 25 May 2020, 08:40

Just when I thought that the FA could not be more contemptuous of the national game structure, they put this rabbit out of the hat.

For most of the Premiership clubs and the top half of the Championship that are selling their souls to reach “the precious” the FA Cup is at best a distraction and at worst an irrelevance. But the very clubs to whom the prize money is a lifesaver get cast out into the wilderness.

The FA are complete and utter custodians on this. I think that socially distanced pitchforks at Wembley are needed.