League 2 ends

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: League 2 ends

Post by andy » 18 May 2020, 13:28

.....and points per game in Scotland too.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 May 2020, 16:20

andy wrote:
18 May 2020, 13:28
.....and points per game in Scotland too.
The sensible and correct decision would be to carry on the season, when we're at a safe point to do so.

The next best option is to end the season, and calculate promotion and relegation on a PPG basis. You could even go as far as to only award teams promotion, but don't relegate teams. You would account for extra teams by limiting promotion or increasing relegation places over the course of the next couple of seasons, so you get back to a point of having the same number of teams in the leagues as we have currently.

Voiding a season that is 80% complete should be the very last option, and the least desirable. I could understand the reluctance of ending the season and using PPG, if the season was only ten games in. But it's not.

Whichever route you go down, you will have teams winning, and teams losing. But voiding the season should not be considered. But, I could at least take it, if the FA told all leagues that the whole football pyramid is void. But they haven't, because they're useless. The whole situation is a mess, through no-ones fault, but at least let's have some unity and clarity from the governing body.

I follow NBA, and whilst they have one league and one clear organising body, which no doubt makes it easier to deal with the current situation, the leagues commissioner, has taken control, been completely honest and clear in what the plan is, and what options the league faces. There are plans in place for a number of scenarios. That is how the situation should be dealt with.

There is nothing like this in English football. No feeling of control, organisation, or clear planning. It's just a chaotic mess. The FA and those that govern football in this country, are showing what an inadequate and pathetic set up this country has running its football pyramid.

It really is a farce, and a complete and utter joke. It's embarrassing, frustrating and unacceptable. It's time someone from the FA grew a pair of bollocks and stepped up to sort this mess out. It's not easy, admittedly, but they are clearly hiding and avoiding the difficult issues. Bunch of idiots.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 May 2020, 16:30

I really dislike the F.A, and have very little respect for how they govern football in this country. I hope I've made that clear in my previous posts...

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 18 May 2020, 16:44

The sensible and correct decision would be to carry on the season, when we're at a safe point to do so.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment the practicality is that there will be an unknown delay.

I believe that it is probably unrealistic at this point to plan for the 2020-21 season to take place if it is dependent on a treatment appearing.
This is based both on the lead-time for manufacturing scalability/validation and todays news that the favoured candidate treatment has a 100% failure rate in pre-clinical :-(

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 May 2020, 17:17

Noggin wrote:
18 May 2020, 16:44
Whilst I agree with the sentiment the practicality is that there will be an unknown delay.

I believe that it is probably unrealistic at this point to plan for the 2020-21 season to take place if it is dependent on a treatment appearing.
This is based both on the lead-time for manufacturing scalability/validation and todays news that the favoured candidate treatment has a 100% failure rate in pre-clinical :-(
That's a fair point, but I'd still believe you should void the season across the entire pyramid.

I don't agree with the idea of voiding a season, but at least I could understand it, if it was applied to all levels.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 May 2020, 17:53

Absolutely. Across the board or nothing. It's that simple. Oh, I forgot, we haven't got as much money as Liverpool et al, silly me.....

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 19 May 2020, 17:12

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
16 May 2020, 10:00
I still don't see any valid argument as to why we can't resume the league, when it's completely safe to do so. If that means we resume the league in July (unlikely, but hear me out), and the resumed season ended in September. The post-season takes place between September and October, then pre-season resumes around November or even Christmas, with a new season starting in the new Year. So be it. Like I say, the football calendar will be changed, regardless.
Whilst I know where you're coming from, and I certainly agree that it will take some time to return to a 'normal' football calendar, you do realise that what you suggest will have significant implications for, ahem, certain clubs?

Or is that exactly why you're suggesting it? 😉

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 May 2020, 18:21

I wouldn't worry TRM, I doubt very much there will be any cricket anyway. I cut the outfield at Netherton Cricket Club and have kept doing it 'just in case', but guys down there have told me that others in the league have already given the season up as lost.

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 19 May 2020, 18:29

Under Josh's plan its next summer that's the issue, and probably beyond that too. In all seriousness I can see something like that happening at all levels but bearing in mind World Cups, etc, it will be fraught with difficulties.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 20 May 2020, 09:19

andy wrote:
19 May 2020, 18:21
I cut the outfield at Netherton Cricket Club and have kept doing it 'just in case',
Any chance you can cme and cut my lawn? Just in case. ;)