League 2 ends

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

League 2 ends

Post by andy » 15 May 2020, 15:09

League 2 clubs have decided to end the season now and the table will stand with a points per game system. Surely now there is a precedent we have the grounds of a legitimate appeal. It really is one rule for one and one for another otherwise. Football cannot be run like that. The whole thing is a joke.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: League 2 ends

Post by YeltzDoc » 15 May 2020, 15:34

I presume HH is already calculating whether we would still win it under the "weighted ppg" they're using.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 15 May 2020, 15:39

I don't think that there will be many arguments from anyone on here either in support of the FA or against conclusion on a PPG basis. It seems to me that the primary concern of the FA is ensuring that the Premier League's tv contract is fulfilled and the rest of the game need not darken their door step.

As for how long it will be for football to be played at out level, heaven knows, but I would feel happier in waiting for a resumption on the basis that we had been dealt with fairly rather than the current feeling of being thwarted both by the pandemic and the oafs at Wembley

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 May 2020, 16:40

YeltzDoc wrote:
15 May 2020, 15:34
I presume HH is already calculating whether we would still win it under the "weighted ppg" they're using.
On a weighted PPG our final tally would be even better than an an unweighted one...win win ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 15 May 2020, 16:47

I made it that we were 0.39 of a point worse off but still OK.

Obviously, until HH gives the definitive spreadsheeted answer, we won't know. ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 May 2020, 21:11

Noggin wrote:
15 May 2020, 15:39
I don't think that there will be many arguments from anyone on here either in support of the FA or against conclusion on a PPG basis. It seems to me that the primary concern of the FA is ensuring that the Premier League's tv contract is fulfilled and the rest of the game need not darken their door step.

As for how long it will be for football to be played at out level, heaven knows, but I would feel happier in waiting for a resumption on the basis that we had been dealt with fairly rather than the current feeling of being thwarted both by the pandemic and the oafs at Wembley
Excellent post.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 May 2020, 10:00

I'm still fuming at the FA over the whole scenario. Bunch of cocks. That's the polite c word for them...

However, I assume that no one is surprised at the utter incompetence, and blatant disregard for all things none Premier League? I'm aware they don't directly govern each league, but they have the ultimate say as the governing body.

Voiding the season would be easier to stomach if it was a blanket decision, and applied to all leagues. In fact, I'd understand the decision, as it's clearly a very difficult situation for all concerned. But the fact they are clearly looking after only those that bring the money in, and not the bread and butter of the football pyramid is frankly a disgrace.

One rule for one league, and other rules for other leagues, compromises the integrity of the football pyramid. It simply cannot be allowed to happen.

As far as I'm concerned, when we approach some level of normality, which won't be any time soon, the football calendar will be changed forever. Gone will be the days of starting the season in August and ending in May.

I still don't see any valid argument as to why we can't resume the league, when it's completely safe to do so. If that means we resume the league in July (unlikely, but hear me out), and the resumed season ended in September. The post-season takes place between September and October, then pre-season resumes around November or even Christmas, with a new season starting in the new Year. So be it. Like I say, the football calendar will be changed, regardless.

No one knows how long it will be until all levels of football can resume safely, and what happens if and when it resumes, there's a second spike in cases? Or a whole team contracts the virus? I honestly struggle to envisage any football played this side of Christmas, without unnecessary risk. Even when we are safe to resume, it'll take weeks, if not months, of vigorous fitness and ball work training to get players, at all levels, in some form of shape that is safe to play competitive football. A lot of training is geared towards injury prevention, as well as general fitness.

The lack of willingness to wait it out, and leave all options on the table shows how archiec and ignorant the dinosaur idiots at the FA and each league truly are.

Fuck the FA.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 May 2020, 18:43

And Josh also, an excellent post. The governing bodies of football just seem to get worse and worse. It's not even just incompetence half the time, they seem to make decisions that are as far away from sensible as is humanly possible. I just don't know how they manage it.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 16 May 2020, 21:19

Money. Be all and end all. If ever anything showed the dividing line in our league system, this is it. Im all up for a conclusion, but it has to be across the board.

Fuck the F.A.. Corporate greed.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 17 May 2020, 12:17

drummyb wrote:
16 May 2020, 21:19
Money. Be all and end all. If ever anything showed the dividing line in our league system, this is it. Im all up for a conclusion, but it has to be across the board.

Fuck the F.A.. Corporate greed.
So, so true.