Re: League null and void

Post by old git » 27 Mar 2020, 11:35

https://twitter.com/pdscontractflo2/sta ... 36302?s=21

Rallying call from our class gaffer

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Mar 2020, 12:23

That is probably the best news anywhere I have read since this whole damn thing started. Dreaded the thought of him going. It's strange just in the period of time he's been here he already feels like part of the furniture. Very happy now after yesterday's crap news. Every cloud.....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 27 Mar 2020, 12:34

We also know that McCone has signed on for next year. Let us hope that the majority of the squad will be prepared to stay. Maybe the fact that we will possibly be in a better financial situation than some other clubs will help

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 27 Mar 2020, 14:23

Pure class from Paul Smith again. With this philosophy, we will eventually come out of this all the stronger.

Incidentally, here's the response from South Shields, who are/were well clear at the top of the Northern Premier: https://southshieldsfc.co.uk/club-statement-9/ (and good luck with getting reimbursement from the FA!)

What happens if some clubs are unable to continue or wish to voluntarily move down a level? In the past this has been done by a reprieve for one of the teams in a relegation spot. But with no relegation, there is a risk of several leagues being short on numbers. Also worth noting that as the only club outside the National League in the Trophy Semi-Finals, we are currently in a different situation to the other 3 teams with our season ended.

Perhaps the secretive Fantasy Island prize should be awarded on a Pints per Game basis?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 27 Mar 2020, 14:40

I particularly like this part of the South Shields statement
We will seek clarification over whether, with all of the results of the 2019-20 season now annulled, all fines paid to the FA as a result of players picking up yellow and red cards in those matches will now be reimbursed. We will seek clarification over whether the FA will now refund all tickets bought by supporters for those annulled games. We will seek clarification over whether the FA will reimburse the costs accrued by clubs over the last six months for coach travel to away fixtures, which in our case equates to approximately £20,000. We have several other questions and look forward to the FA’s reply.

As for the "secretive" Fantasy Island prize. I hope that Poll will now find time to send out the backlog of prizes given the new circumstances, although if he decides not to do so as not to break his isolation, I am sure that all of us impacted by a further deferral will entirely understand

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 27 Mar 2020, 14:44

andy wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 08:11
The REALLY BIG QUESTION now though Is this. Will Poll decide to null and void Fantasy Island? Big Rich would be most upset. As I am in my customary second place at the moment (I'll never win this damn thing >:( ) I will be seriously looking to put in a legal challenge as I had some ace card predictions to play.
Halesowen 0-1 Wantage could have won it for me. ;D
There is a conference call tomorrow with the FA to decide the fate of this year's Fantasy Island title.

I'm thinking that PPG might be the fairest way, as I forgot to make predictions for a couple of games so it gets me back in with a chance :)

Or maybe the Pools Panel?

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 27 Mar 2020, 14:48

Noggin wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 14:40
I particularly like this part of the South Shields statement
We will seek clarification over whether, with all of the results of the 2019-20 season now annulled, all fines paid to the FA as a result of players picking up yellow and red cards in those matches will now be reimbursed. We will seek clarification over whether the FA will now refund all tickets bought by supporters for those annulled games. We will seek clarification over whether the FA will reimburse the costs accrued by clubs over the last six months for coach travel to away fixtures, which in our case equates to approximately £20,000. We have several other questions and look forward to the FA’s reply.

As for the "secretive" Fantasy Island prize. I hope that Poll will now find time to send out the backlog of prizes given the new circumstances, although if he decides not to do so as not to break his isolation, I am sure that all of us impacted by a further deferral will entirely understand
As everyone knows the Fantasy Island trophy was lost on the last away day of the season at Atherstone in around 2002 (if anyone is bored enough to go and track down the exact year go for it!) never to be seen again.

I'll be happy to pass it on to this year's winner if it ever turns up.

DanHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanHTFC » 27 Mar 2020, 15:38

Another player has signed on for next season! More news incoming.. 🧐

SpongeDad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by SpongeDad » 27 Mar 2020, 16:10

This season could have been massive in us moving forward. IMO we've
Missed out on 3200 witnessing how good a team, club staff and fans we have
Missed out on a trip to Wembley and all the exposure that comes with it
Promotion to a league we would have a great chance in next season and and with all of the above possible crowds of around 1000 every week

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 27 Mar 2020, 16:12

Great news ... Robbie has been another star player ... then again they ALL have.. well done Robbie ;D