andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: League null and void

Post by andy » 12 Jun 2020, 20:32

Noggin wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 13:30
YeltzDoc wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 12:25
I wonder if we've received a reply along the same lines as the one South Shields got?
Alas, if the FA responded at all, it would only be a slightly more polite version of Pressdram vs Arkell
Wish we, and all clubs outside the 'elite' could respond with the original version. I'd love to hang a 50 foot banner quoting it at Wembley Stadium should we get there.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Jun 2020, 09:51

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... sions.html

I’m still confused by all this.
My understanding is that the leagues (SPL, NPL and Isthmian) made the decision to null and void without consultation with the clubs, but had to get it rubber stamped by the FA as the governing body. So help me out folks ... why has all the flack been directed at the FA and not the leagues themselves ?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jun 2020, 13:25

My understanding is that the FA decided that ALL leagues below the NL would have their seasons null and voided and that the leagues went along with this decision with no consultation with the clubs. Can anyone confirm?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Jun 2020, 13:39

Have just reread the FA statement. They and all the relevent leagues combined to make a decision to end the season and this was ratified by FA Council members. As for the PPM scenario it was their decision not to go with it. They say it would be unfair on those teams relegated as they could have played their way out of it!!??!! They wanted consistency!!! Yet sides under their jurisdiction in the Football League ARE relegated. An utter farce.