League null and void

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: League null and void

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Apr 2020, 10:06

What’s the deal with the gate at the final? 50/50? Split three ways between the clubs and the FA? Each club gets what they sell and the FA get the rest?
How did it work for the Vase back in the day?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 24 Apr 2020, 13:50

Its possibly probably more complicated than you think Doc. I understand that for the Trophy Final, tickets are sold for "Finals Day" to include both the Vase final and the Trophy final. Therefore the funds need to be split between all four clubs and the FA (at least)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 24 Apr 2020, 14:31

Very reasonably priced too if you book in bulk - https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com/NLFD%202020

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 24 Apr 2020, 15:26

YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 14:31
Very reasonably priced too if you book in bulk - https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com/NLFD%202020
Well we will have to get a group booking togther for May 2022 :-)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 24 Apr 2020, 15:28

YeltzDoc wrote:
24 Apr 2020, 14:31
Blimey, that is reasonably priced. Very reasonably priced indeed ;)

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 24 Apr 2020, 23:20

From the FA Rules of the Challenge Trophy 2019-20 document:
22 (b) Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In all matches prior to the Final, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided
equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) In the Final, the net gate receipts shall be divided equally between the two
competing Clubs.
I'm not sure why there's a distinction between (i) and (ii) above and the bold lettering is from the FA, not me. Nor does it explain how it works with the Trophy and Vase finals included on the same tickets.

stagsman
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by stagsman » 24 Apr 2020, 23:52

I am sure that everybody would like to see the FA trophy played out after such a great run so far.

The semi finals are supposed to be 2 legs.

I think it would make sense to have a one off match at a neutral football league ground roughly half way between the 2 clubs.

MK Dons would be my first choice with Northampton or, heaven forbid, Luton (my least favourite ground in the league) as alternatives.

Notts County and Harrogate could play at either of the Sheffield clubs or Doncaster.

Notts started digging up their pitch for the summer refurbishment a couple of weeks ago so they could have a problem playing their home leg depending when it may happen.

I would think that if the FA did this then the matches would attract quite a few neutrals and also means no limit on away support.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Apr 2020, 13:39

Can anybody really see crowds being admitted any time in the next few months? I can't. We're in no better position now than when the season was halted and it's not going away any time soon. If/when restrictions are lifted I'm not sure I want to go anywhere for quite a while afterwards anyway.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 25 Apr 2020, 15:09

From the BBC Website

No football to 2021 in the non-league?

This is a very real possibility. There has been a suggestion even clubs in the National League are thinking about this as the impact of a statement by the government's chief medical officer Chris Whitty on Wednesday, when he said "highly disruptive" social distancing would need to be in place for "really quite a long period of time", sinks in.

Lower down the pyramid the situation is stark.

Should the current limit on gatherings be extended to just a small number of people, BBC Sport has been told by one league official there would be 'no point' in matches behind closed doors.

Below the National League, where there is no TV deal, virtually all revenue comes through supporters attending matches, either by their admission money or cash spent on food and drink, programmes and even raffle tickets.

And, unlike the National League and beyond, where clubs have primacy of tenure over their stadiums, at non-league level shared facilities and rented grounds mean extending seasons is a logistical impracticality.

It leaves many leagues and clubs in limbo and wondering whether there will be any play next season at all.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Apr 2020, 16:52

andy wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 13:39
Can anybody really see crowds being admitted any time in the next few months? I can't. We're in no better position now than when the season was halted and it's not going away any time soon. If/when restrictions are lifted I'm not sure I want to go anywhere for quite a while afterwards anyway.
My feelings also, Andy.
Thoughts of a restart to football - or any other sporting events - are just wishful dreams, in my opinion.
IF the season was allowed to start around the normal time I'm afraid that I would not be in attendance.
Our whole attitude towards what is 'normal human social activity' will change - for my age group most definitely it will.
A period in our lifetime that will leave it's mark for many years to come.